Chapter 26

POV LANA

I sat on the benches with an ice pack on my head, waiting nervously for the fight to begin.

'We should be down there, we should be protecting her' said Rose, my wolf

'You know we can't expose ourselves................ not until she accepts him' I sigh

I wanted to be there to fight side by side with Kiera but I had promised just as everyone in the castle had not to expose who she was, not until she was ready. I moved to sit closer to the arena but the pain shooting through my side was unbearable, clenching my teeth I sat still and glazed daggers at Milena if I was allowed to be Lana the guardian, the daughter of the Warrior of warriors, oh, Milena wouldn't even be alive.

The tension in the room is sparking with excitement, Milena is the first to lash out clawing her way toward Keira but to my surprise Keira is much faster and easily side steps every attempt Milena makes.

"What! Too weak to fight back" spat Milena, her face was flushed and her eyes darted from Keira to her group of friends.

Keira didn't even respond as she lunged and tackled Milena to the ground, I heightened my senses, especially my hearing –

"I'm going to say this once" Keira sneered into Milenas ear, but was pushed off.

Milena and Keira were at each other's throats fighting, Milena managed to give some serious looking scratches, kicks and a few bitch slaps but from where I am I could see her weariness. Keira wasn't fazed by them nor did she even break a sweat, she was on Milena just before Milena could get another kick into her side.

"Kieran is MY mate, not yours" Keira said in a low warning voice, Milena rammed an elbow into Keiras side but before she could make a move to turn their positions Keira caught both of Milenas hands and locked them to her sides.

"If you go near him again, or even try to claim him" Keira let out a soft dark humorless laugh "I will end you, oh, and Troy and Lana are MY friends so you ever touch them in a painful was I will have you escorted out of my lands and you shall never be allowed back here" she whispered into Milena's ear.

I watched as Kiera stood, leaving Milena on the floor as she looked up and I bowed my head, eyes leaking tears of joy but my heart soared with pride because for the first time she didn't look like a girl who was lost in our world but a Queen who would fight for her world and .........her people.

"Well done! Keira, you won!" the Coach said, people applaud "Milena, you lost! Next up" Kiera walked down the stairs her head held high, she received a few high fives.

Keira walked up the benches and sat next to me, the scratches were starting to heal but the bruise would take a day or two to heal depending on how hard Milena hit.

"You look like crap, my friend" I said breaking the silence, Keira chuckled at m comment before taking the ice pack I had lying on my lap.

"Hai! Speak for yourself" she said casting me a side glance, while smirking "can I ask you a question" she asked.

"Yeah! Sure" I said watching as she applied the ice pack to the side of her face

"Why didn't you fight back?" she asked looking deep in thought.

"I couldn't, I'm not allowed to let anyone know who I am not until....." I trailed off not wanting to explain myself.

"Until.......? Come on, you can trust me" she said looking at me with earnest eyes

"Until you accept Kieran, accept your destiny" I said with a sigh of defeat.

The bell rang, and everyone started to file out off to the lunch room and open court yard.

"Come on! It L.U.N.C.H" I said, once realization hit me and my stomach started to growl.

Kiera laughed as I half dragged half ran towards the exit.

POV Keira

After a quick shower in the ladies lavatories  , Lana and I made our way to the Lunch room –

"Keira! Lana! Over here" searching the crowed of people we finally spotted Troy and Kieran.

I walked behind Lana trying to hide my bruised up face with my hoodie, the scratches have healed but the bruises will take longer to heal. As we approached the table I heard Troy growl softly, looking up I saw Troy staring at Lana's face.

"Baby, I'm fine stop causing a scene" Lana said softly as she sat down next to Troy and ate his fries.

"No its not! You got beat up and.......................are you eating my fries?" he said faking an irritated voice.

"Yeah and it good" Lana said, still eating is fries but she did look up to see the pain in Troys eyes as he took in the bruises on her face "Aww, baby I'm fine it's okay, okay?" giving Troy a kiss on the cheek.

Smiling I turned to Kieran, a growl erupted from his chest loud and full of anger "What. Happened. To. You?" he said as closed the distance between us.

He brought his hand up to my face, sadness and pain was all I could read from his eyes, before I could reassure him that I was okay he turned away from me.

Tears sprang to my eyes as he walked away I was so tempted to walk out and cry in some bathroom , but then he turned around his bag in one hand and his phone in the other.

"Come, mio amore" he said, taking my hand and leading me out into the school parking lot.

Stopping in front of a black Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, Kieran opened the passenger's door for me.

"I'm not getting in there, not until you tell me where we are going" I said crossing my arms

"Somewhere private where we can talk, please Kiera can you get in" he begged, staring at him for a good minute I decided to get in.