Chapter 10

POV Lana

"Yes, Kieran.........I promise to make sure she get to you in one piece.......agg I swear your turning into your father.......okay okay ..........bye.......im hanging up now......" I say through the phone.

I mean you do one thing for your friend and then he thinks can go all commando on me and starts telling me what to do but hay! His like a brother to me so ya.

I see Mrs. Lockwood through the window of the 'Luna hair dresser' I walk in and by instinct I sniff the air to make sure there isn't any danger and then I felt it, the power radiating off of her , it was so strong you physically couldn't ignore it as a supernatural, I turn and look at her through the mirror but I was shocked to find her already staring back at me.

"How can she fulfil the duties of a Vasílissa, being her kind she could be very primitive could even destroy everything that our Mulias have created for us" I heard a lady say about our future vasilissa , I had to hold back from growling to not expose us to her.

Then she reply in a strong and confident voice "Excuse me, but I don't like being spoken about behind my back nor from those who do not even know me because I might be black and I might be from another country but at least I have enough humanity to respect other and where there from"

I feel a wave of pride come over me as I watch her puts those cheeky wolves back into place.

"Sorry" they all said with their heads down and whispered 'my vasilissa'

I decided to go and meet this brave girl who is prophesied to be my best friends' soulmate.

"Hay! I'm Lana and you... can only be Keira" I said looking at her beautifully curly hair

"Hi" she said meekly I can see a blush form on her cheek probably not expecting for anyone to speak to her after her outburst.

"That was amazing, I was waiting for someone to tell them off but you doing it just makes it better" I say giving her a smug smile which she responds to with her own smile.

"Lana, dear I can't believe I didn't see you enter come here a minutes, please" said Cora , I gets up with a bit of reluctance but when Keira gives me smile I feel a little braver and wander off.

"Hello Lana, what are you doing here? You are not to be here" said Cora trying to sound like she's giving me a scolding but I see right through it, she just wants to gloat in the ladies' faces to say 'I told you so' "Oh Lana, what has he asked of you this time?" she said as she put down her magazine to look at me.

"I well, um, well, wanted to get a haircut?" I said as more of a question than a statement

"He has asked you to check out who we've picked again, hasn't he?" she said looking disappointed, I sigh remembering all the girls that they've assumed to be his soulmate and that have all been rejected, and knowing how much more it hurt him having his hope crushed . Then watching him break down and trying to help him get back up.

It's been months since we have had another girl come home to see if she might be the one because the last one that came , I think, was probably his last straw because he completely flipped out and said ' I'd rather not have anyone than keep getting disappointed over and over again'

"I'm sorry but I made a promise and his tired of waiting and you won't believe what happen before I left, Liam your youngest son he can walk a little longer now" said I said with excitement , remembering that moment. "So ... do you think she's the one" I say in hushed tone, so the women around don't hear our conversation

"Yes I do, don't you? I know you felt when you entered the room" she replied looking at Keira with admiration.

"Wonderful" I heard the Violet say when she was done with Keiras' hair

"Isn't see just perfection... you know I was right about the highlight it brings out your gorgeous eyes" Cora said as she got up to inspect Keira, but shocked herself when she had tears of approval.

"Our Vasilissa" she whispers to the room as she helped Keira out of my seat, we all bowed to show our respect. As Cora and her walk out I decided to walk with them to their car to make sure they were safe, even though they had like 9 royal guards following them.

I walk arm in arm with Lana to the car with Cora, I'm trying really not to show my over excitement on finally getting to meet our Vasilissa and to be her first friend but it's really insulting at how little trust Cora has in me to keep our secret until Keira is ready, I mean just as we left the 'Luna Hair dresser' she whispered for me not to tell her and now as we walk she keeps giving sideway glances.

As we approach the car I feel a sadness come over me then I hear Keira sigh heavily I stop walking and say "I'm heading back home, to Everlor now"

"Please don't I don't want to be alone" Keira says sounding sad and defeated - I smile feeling the same way and knowing we were going to be really good friends but also not wanting to over step my boundaries with Cora.

"Don't worry, we'll met again in Everlor" I say pulling her in for a hug

"What are you saying you're going to Everlor and I'm going to America?" She says looking confused.

"Oh silly! Everlor is in America" I say feeling a blush come on nearly exposing us.

"Oh!" She says as what I've just said sinks in then starts giggling

I giggle a little with her until I notice her swaying a little bit "Hey! Keira are you alright, you look a bit pale" I say getting concerned.

"Yea..." she slurred before she fainted, hadn't I been there to catch her she would have probably had a concussion.