Chapter 4

I woke up late afternoon with a surprise - I was tucked into the blankets and I was so perplexed because I do remember falling asleep on top of the bed but I brush off that minor detail feeling refreshed, wide awake and the best part of it all is that I'm in LONDON. I can see the yellow taxis from my room balcony and the school kids walking home some are talking, laughing and toddlers giving their mothers hugs and kisses as the walk towards them with bright smiles, but as I watch all this I feel a pang of sadness missing what I should still be able to have.

I sigh but walk back into the warm room I've already changed into a warmer outfit because of the sudden drop of temperature outside it must be below 14 degrees. I put on my grey jumper with a black heart in the middle, with a black tights and a pair of black sneakers with a cute white beanie. I walk straight into the mini lounge area and pick up the book I have to finish for my reading portfolio for next year 'to kill a mockingbird' by Harper Lee, I open up to the last page I've read and get totally lost with the storyline and the characters , that I almost didn't notice the clock strike 8 pm

Before I could just start with the court case in the book there is a knock at the door, I sigh dramatically as I got up, once I open the door I saw my father there with a small smile.

"Hey kiddo I wanted to know if you wanted to go out for dinner?" he askes

"Yeah, sure!" I squeal excitedly

"Yeah?" almost hesitantly like his expecting me to say no "so see you in 20, oh and mind doing your hair can't be seen with medusa" he says with a sly smile and winks then leaves

I gasp in surprise as I watch him walk away, once his out of eye view I walk back and straight to the bedroom mirror, I squeal in shock.

"My hair "I whisper as I loosen the bun, it looks like I've been attacked by multicolored cats, having sun streaked hair I a variety of different shades of brown, I walk into the bathroom and take my hairbrush from the toiletry bag and walk back to the main mirror I start with the tips and work my way up once I've finished brushing the knots out I start looking for my straightener once its found and plugged I start to straighten my curls.

Once done and ready to go I lock up my room and walk down the red carpet towards my father's room as I'm about to knock I hear him talking , out of curiosity I stop to listen.

"Yes ... yes sir ... I still remember the arrangement , we will be there soon " as he says the last part I hear the sadness in his voice , finally having heard enough I knock "COMING!" he yell from inside his room "Okay , bye "

He opens the door and gives me a sad smiles as he hangs up and locks the door behind him, I smile back and walk towards the elevators and press down, just as it opens, my father drapes his arm around my shoulder and starts to hum to the elevator song.

"So... how we getting to the restaurant?" I ask as we walk out the front entrance to the hotel

"Well it's not that far, there's a street not far here where all the best restaurant are, so we are going to walk" he replied