Chapter Forty-Five

Kelsey POV

My mind was an endless void as I felt myself unravel under Jack's touch. I wasn't hesitant. I wasn't over thinking. I was in this.

I was consumed by this.

I wanted this.

Thankful for our secluded spot away from the chaos of the wedding, we initiated some chaos of our own. I felt his hands everywhere. I felt his body everywhere. I felt his mouth everywhere.

With no space to move, smashed between a wall and a dominating body covering mine, I surrendered to the kiss. My hands found their way under Jack's jacket and clawed at his back, longing to feel his skin and not his dress shirt. I opened my mouth wider, inviting his tongue to meet mine. His hand rested on my waist while the other wandered up to cup my face. Fighting to breathe, I broke my lips from his and closed my eyes when his expert mouth moved along my jawline and then found its way to my neck.

I needed this.

Completely unsatisfied with allowing Jack to be in control, I pushed off the wall and pinned his body to the cold surface. My new freedom allowed Jack's hands to gloriously move to my lower back and when they went lower, I crashed my lips to his again, needing something to occupy myself with so I didn't fully lose my mind.

Feeling my savage instincts take over, I began to unbutton his expensive shirt with fumbling fingers. I needed our barriers to be eliminated. After three years, kissing would not be enough. I could no longer be satisfied with gentle touches and exploratory sensations. We already had all of those. I knew Jack. I knew who he was, I knew his mistakes, I knew his body, and I knew I loved him. I wanted to close the distance fully. I wanted to be free and wild and unapologetically passionate tonight.

And not tonight, but right now.

Finally ripping his shirt open, my hands ran over the smooth skin that I used to worship.

That I now planned on worshiping again.

Our kisses become more frenzied and my body temperature rose exponentially when his fingers tangled in my hair. My lips were surely swollen and the red that had been painted on before the wedding was now smeared into a light blush.

Pressing my body completely against his, my upper exposed skin erupted in goose bumps when it met his bare chest. I moaned against his mouth and felt my entire being shiver when Jack's hands moved into my backless dress.

The only worry on my mind was retaining my consciousness and not completely blacking out from the insane levels of pleasure.

My hands, completely driven by need, wandered down to the black belt laced through Jack's pants and I openly wined when Jack stopped them from their intended task.

"Kelsey," Jack breathed. "Not here."

I stared up at him through foggy eyes. "What? Why? No one's around. Please, I—,"

Jack's raspy voice crushed my dreams as he spoke against my collarbone, "We can't."

Feeling stupid and rejected, I stepped out of his reach. I ignored the extreme disappointment and the obnoxious screaming from all parts of my body. "I'm finally ready to have sex with you, and now you're the one stopping us?" I complained with shock in my tone. "What was the point of everything that's happened recently, then? What, you just wanted to tell me that you loved me but you don't want to be with me?"

Rawness seeped from Jack's features and I felt his fingers claw onto my waist. "Fuck, Kelsey, you have no idea..." his voice trailed off and I interrupted his thoughts with another kiss. "But," he pulled away. "We can't do this until I know you're sure. That this isn't some impulsive decision you're going to regret tomorrow because I will not be able to handle that after—,"

I am completely sure. Undeniably sure. Painfully sure. I peered at his gorgeous face from under my eyelashes and whispered, "Please."

He pushed the wall and intertwined his fingers with mine, leading me away from the reception. My heart raced with anticipation and if I wasn't so breathless, I would squeal with excitement.

Once we were inside the private cove of Jack's home, it became increasingly easier to shed the things separating us. Once I ungraciously took my heels off and wiggled out of my dress, Jack deposited me on his bed and I couldn't help but smile up at the man I've always loved. He had been worried that this was something I would look back on and cringe, like my first time with Davis. Oh how wrong he was. My soul vibrated for this. My entire being electrified in anticipation. After three years, it was the only thing I could imagine transpiring between us once we finally readmitted our feelings. It was certainly our time; we waited long enough. We weren't lovesick teenagers that would have been awkward and stumbling around the bedroom. We knew what to do. We knew what to touch, how to move, and when to breathe.

It was a blissful unison that I sang praise to as I fisted the sheets I was on top of.

Jack momentarily stopped and hovered over me for a few seconds, gazing at my flushed cheeks and tangled hair. In no mood to be wasting time with his teasing games, I reached forward and brought his head down to meet mine, reclaiming his body.

With every touch, my body arched in response. With every change of position, I threatened to unravel. With every rise and fall of my chest, I knew I never wanted this night to end.

For the first time in three years, my sense of belonging had returned.

After so long, I knew exactly where I belonged. Me, Jack, bruising kisses, naked skin, effortlessly connected.

Always connected.

A/N: Hope you guys enjoyed! Make sure to vote, comment, and follow me for updates on this story! Love you endlessly,

Amanda