Chapter Twenty

Jack POV

“There’s no way.” Kelsey protested.

“It’s the summer! Who doesn’t want to go in the pool?” I argued.

“Ok, but see you're not just suggesting a normal swim. You're suggesting a swim in the pouring rain. That doesn’t even make any sense!”

“Oh, come on. You’ll go camping but you won’t swim in the rain?”

A slight redness crept up on Kelsey’s cheeks at the remembrance of the closeness we shared that night.   

“Camping, although I must say turned out to be fine, was not the best idea you’ve ever had either. There was more drama than an episode of Gossip Girl.

I shook my head in disbelief and laughed at my girlfriend.

“Nothing is ever going to be easy with you, is it?”

“Oh Jack, you should’ve have realized that from the first time you met me.” Kelsey winked, her voice lowering into a more seductive tone.

My arms encircled her waist and drew her body against mine, unable to keep her at a respectable distance any longer. To my surprise, Kelsey’s hands stayed down at her sides.

“Jack Gilinsky kissing me will not get me in that pool any easier.” she whispered against my lips.

“True, but maybe by the time we’re done, the rain will have stopped.” I replied, lust seeping into my voice.

Time seemed to stop as we stood centimeters away from one another, my chest rising and falling at a sped up pace while Kelsey swallowed and avoided my eyes.

“I can’t come up with anything witty to reply.” Kelsey admitted.

A victorious smile spread across my face as I said, “Good.”

After what seemed like hours, our mutual teasing was finally over and I sighed in relief when Kelsey closed the gap between our mouths. I have no idea how my summer ended up like this, but I never wanted it to end. Kelsey consumed me and it was getting harder and harder to control myself when I was around her. It also didn’t help that we were both dressed for going in the pool.

My hands, which had been tight around her waist, loosened and changed their position to rest on her sides. I was suddenly aware of the thin fabric of her tank top and once Kelsey’s hands found my hair, I couldn’t resist any longer. My hands slipped under her top and onto her bare stomach, causing a moan to escape Kelsey’s lips. I backed her against the kitchen counter, all the while never breaking contact with her lips and never stopping my eager hands from exploring her glorious skin.

Kelsey removed her hands from my body and pulled away from the kiss. Disappointment flooded through me but was quickly subsided when Kelsey hopped up onto the counter and slinked her legs around my waist, drawing me close to her once again. Our height difference was finally eliminated, Kelsey now level with me as a result of sitting on the counter.

Hungrily, Kelsey raked her hands under my shirt and along my back. I tore my lips away from hers and brought them to her neck, causing another delicious moan from Kelsey as I found her weak spot. I felt her nails dig into my back and I couldn’t take the fabric between us any longer. For an agonizing two seconds, we stopped touching as I removed my shirt and Kelsey removed hers. Her bikini top was the only thing now separating our upper bodies from being completely naked.

The only thing on my mind is Kesley.

Kelsey and her skin.

Kelsey and her hands on my chest.