Chapter Twenty: Into The Forest

The next morning, I turn off my alarm clock and its loud, annoying ringing and get out of bed. Stretching my aching muscles, I force myself to set my focus on today's party at Abraham Collingwood's house. Which reminds me that I need to wear something red.

I open the closet and look through my clothes until I pick out everything that is a red hue; a silk maroon button-up blouse, a cardinal long sleeve top and finally a burgundy dress lay across my bed. After careful consideration, I decide to wear the silk blouse.

After showering and spending a good hour combing my hair under the water, I slick it back into a bun and begin to get dressed. Buttoning up my blouse, I look at myself in the mirror and wear a sour look at the reason for wearing such attire. Although I told Sebastian to remove any sort of Liberal thinking from his brain for today, I can't help but hate myself for doing the same. The last thing I am is a Republican, but I try to respect people who are.

However, I've never dealt with Republican's in the south before.

Slipping on a black pencil skirt and tucking my shirt in, I grab a pair of Louboutin's I haven't worn more than twice from the closet and ponder on wearing them today.

"Is it worth getting these dirty for a red party?" I ask myself, dangling the black stilettos with the signature crimson bottoms in front of me. I examine them all around, and not a scratch is on my beautiful ebony stilettos.

"I didn't spend $900 on these for them to collect dust," I conclude, before slipping them on and wiggling my toes inside to break them in a bit.

After applying my makeup and spraying on a bit of perfume, I grab my phone and head downstairs where my coffee and a banana nut muffin is waiting for me at the dining room table.

"Loretta?" I call out, but no answer. The coffee is still piping hot and steamy, which means she was just here.

When I pick up my breakfast, a note is attacked by the coffee mug:

Went to visit family today. Be back soon. - Loretta.

I set the note down at bite into the muffin, sighing at the wonderful taste. I think briefly about Loretta telling me she had family in Tennessee, but the memory doesn't come back to me. Maybe because said memory never existed?

When I make it to the manor library, no one is inside. Either Lucas and Sarah are still asleep or they have left already to wherever they're going. Their story about a man or woman named Joe and Lucas screaming for his life comes back to me again. What exactly did they do in Memphis during their Felicity sabotage?

Honestly, that's the last thing I want to know right now.

I walk through the quite living room and am slightly surprised to find Sebastian up, dressed, and pacing in front of the front door on his cell phone. His suit resembles the one he wore at the opera, only this time he looks more clean cut and composed, given that time he was high off of drugs and marijuana.

His eyes do a double take when he sees me, obviously surprised himself I'm here.

"I'll call you back," he says to the person on the phone before hanging up.

"Nice to see you're up and ready." I notice he actually put on the red tie. Thank God.

"I look just like my father," he says unhappily.

"Well then we're on the right track. And can you try to be a bit more optimistic? Please and thank you."

"Whatever."

I huff, "Let's go."

I follow him to the door, but before he can even touch the handle, the doorbell rings.