Chapter Sixty One: Oh, Sunday

**

"It's not what it looks like." Are the first words that come out of mouth.

Of course Beth and Paul aren't going to believe that. I mean who would—Sebastian Harrison is standing in the closet of my room, holding his shirt and shoe in his hands, and they're supposed to believe that it's "not what it looks like?"

"It really isn't," Sebastian adds. "I know it's hard to believe me out of all people but it isn't what it looks like."

Sebastian's words are going in one ear and out the other; Beth and Paul just stand gawking at him like he isn't real. I want to tell them to stop—even though I know Sebastian's used to this type of thing—but I'm rendered a bit speechless right now that this is actually happening.

"Y-you're...you're Sebastian Harrison," Beth finally stutters.

Sebastian smiles; Beth almost faints. "The one and only." He says.

"It was a really long night, and Sebastian was nice enough to keep me company during a dark time. That's all."

"Uh-huh," Paul says through a gaped smirk.

Jerk.

"You know what?" I turn around and give Sebastian a polite smile. "I'll walk you out."

"That would be best," he replies.

"Do you have a ride home?" Beth says, following Sebastian out of the room with his eyes. "I can ride you—I mean, give you a ride. That's what I meant. But if you're up for the first option—"

Sebastian roars in laughter while I grab his other shoe and rush him out of my apartment, embarrassed. "I'm fine, babe, my car is out front. Thank you, though."

"Is that your Aston Martin out front? It's a beautiful car. So beautiful..."

"Oh my god," I mumble as Sebastian continues to laugh at the spectacle that is my friends.

"Nice to meet you, Sebastian Harrison. My name is Beth, by the way. Beth Evans. And everything I said about you while you were hiding in my best friend's closet was true. Just letting you know."

"Thank you, Beth. Can you please go make yourself a cup of coffee so Sebastian can go home?"

She nods with the widest smile on her face. Paul's mouth is still open in bewilderment.

On the way down out of my building, I apologize profusely for my friend's behavior, and for hiding him in a closet. Sebastian just finds it humorous.

"I thought they were pretty funny," he says when we're outside. "I didn't expect them to have a normal reaction to someone hiding in their friend's closet."

I shake my head down at the pavement. Sebastian slips on his shoes and finishes buttoning up his shirt while we're still in front of my complex. He then runs a hand through his messy hair, failing at making it look "presentable" but succeeding at making himself look more alluring. I avert my eyes away from him, flustered.

"Thank you," I tell him genuinely. "For everything you did for me last night."

"Don't mention it. We all need someone to be there for us once in a while."

He's right, there. I wonder if this is a 'thank you' for what I've gone through with him back at the manor; the issues he has with himself and his family. It's hard for me to accept anything relative to a nice gesture without believing it's for a different reason other than for my wellbeing. That's one of the many things I dislike about myself; I can't accept that someone might actually care.