sixteen

"why don't you just move out already?"

"because I still have to graduate. I have to get enough money to buy my own place."

"I've talked to Luke and the guys. they're fine if you move in with any of them."

"mum, why do you want me to move out so badly?"

I furrowed up eyebrows together at her. She spoke rapidly through the phone to me. I didn't understand why she wanted me to leave so badly. I was her daughter, she should be begging me not to move out.

"you're not happy at home. Adalynn, I know you've been staying awake late beating yourself up because of Luke. don't worry about it. he still loves you but he's busy with his album. he can't visit you like he could before. he said he would love it if you could move in and I trust you. you're not going to do anything bad. if you did I mean you no longer live under my roof and we all make mistakes sometimes."

"so you want me to move out?" I asked one more time to make sure. she assured me that it was okay with her and that I could head over to Luke's now if I liked, that he would be home soon.

"I can't just go over mum. I would have to pack and everything."

"well... I actually helped Luke moved your clothes and belongings to his the other day."

"is that why I've been staying with Reagan all weekend?"

she told me she knew I would be happier with Luke and that he wanted me to hear his new album before its release. I grabbed my keys and stuff and ran to my car. I got a quick text from my mum saying that I had a house key to Luke's made while I was gone and he had left it there for me. they had planned this whole thing for me. just so I would be happier. my little fit must have really effected Luke to have him go through all of this.

I had made a quick stop by my house and grabbed the key. I turned up the music in my car as I raced toward the apartment building where I now lived. I was going to see Luke again. it had only been two weeks since I had seen him last but I still missed him. I let fall out boy play loudly in the car as I stopped at a four-way stop. I raced quickly as I was the first one there. I turned a sharp corner and saw the building come into view. I

 didn't really care if I was driving recklessly. I was just a block from seeing Luke in a few minutes. he must be home by now. if he wasn't I could, at least, get everything settled and cook something to thank him. I parked in front of the entrance and got out, locking my car. I grabbed my bag and walked over to the elevator. the doors opened quickly and I pressed the button to Luke's floor. I heard loud laughs coming from the floor. I thought of Calum and Michael teasing Ashton about being short and Ashton cussing Michael out. it was most likely them making all of the noise.

I unlocked the door to see Michael on top of Ashton as Calum egged them on. Ashton was screaming at Michael to get off of him. Michael was laughing and pinching at his cheeks. Ashton groaned and looked at me. "Adalynn help me please." his eyes begged as an annoyed smile played on his lips. there was a scream from upstairs and I looked up the stairs to see what caused it. "there's a rat up here and it has a cage!" I could hear Luke screeching and walked up the stairs to him.

the door to his room opened and I walked in. he was on the bed and I laughed. "that's smokey. he's actually a chinchilla, not a rat." I walked over to the huge cage as smokey chattered excitedly and jumped up and down in the shavings at the bottom. I unlocked the door and pulled him out. he nipped at my fingers and licked at my cheeks. over at the door, the three that were making so much noise downstairs stood staring at smokey and I.

I walked over to Luke and sat smokey in his lap. he looked at me like I was satan and I giggle at him. "he won't hurt you. I've had him since he was a baby. he's harmless." Luke reached out to pet smokey and smokey jumped up at luke. he squealed at smokey's excitement. I laughed and so did the others. Luke was scared of a chinchilla.

luke handed smokey back to me and I put him in his cage. Luke had cleaned up all my clothes and stuff and had moved it into my own dresser. I thanked him quickly and we all headed down the stairs. I whispered to Luke about cooking with me and he agreed. we walked into the kitchen and heard the wrestling match continue in the living room.

Luke would occasionally grab me by the waist and kiss me, telling me that he loved and missed me. we talked about how we thought that Calum and Michael were a thing. if it wasnt a thing, it sure seemed like it and needed to be a thing soon. I called the boys into the kitchen to eat and they came running like a herd of cows. they ate quickly and talked loudly.

luke chatted with them as I ate quietly. "have you told her yet?" Michael asks, looking at me. luke shakes his head no. "tell her now, while we're all here." luke smiled at me. I put down my fork and looked at him. "we wrote a few songs about you on our album." I blushed a deep red. they wrote songs about me. I kissed Luke softly on the cheek. we continued to eat after that.

___________

guys lets pretend that the album they're talking about is SGFG okay? lol, i haven't been on here in a week or so and I'm really sorry! I've been busy with school and the updates might be less frequent. I'm starting a lashton fanfic soon and if you read it I hope you enjoy it. thank you all for reading and voting on this story. love you all xx.