The cabin

Draco's POV

There's a gentle breeze in the air making the leaves rustle and produce that beautiful sound you can only find deep in the trees on a peaceful day.

I tuck the blanket Harry has tossed over me more securely round my shoulders and take a sip of my hot chocolate.

"It's beautiful here isn't it?" I whisper so I don't disturb the silence.

"Yeah it is" Harry's voice comes from beside me "what do you see?"

"Mostly just light. Sort of like if you were underwater and looking up out at the world" I sigh and take another sip "lots of colour but all in the wrong places"

There's a pregnant pause then "It'll come back Draco"

I sniff and looked down at nothing, all I see is an odd mass of colour I think is my own hands "yeah" I reply but I'm not sure if I believe him.

I set the cup down (after some fumbling) on the table next to me and shuffle along the bench so I'm tucked up next to Harry, my cheek resting on his shoulder.

"It reminds me of you, the green leaves... Like your eyes"

I feel him smile into my hair and wrap his arm around my waist, tugging me even closer.

We're quite for a long time. It's nice, something we haven't had in a long time. Just sitting and enjoying each other. It's something I don't think we've ever had, not without the threat of war or fright of what people will say.
Just the two of us, tucked away at what could be the edge of the world and I've never been more at peace.

I don't realise I've fallen asleep until Harry's poking me awake. I groan in to the crook of his neck and nestle in deeper to his side not wanting to open my eyes.

"Don't want to miss what we came out for" he whispers in my ear.

I raise my head and peek out my eyes, up at the sky. This is my favourite part of the day, the light is dimming and without its glare I can see a mass of orange and reds and purples as the sun sets around us. I watch as it fades into a deep blue and the odd star blinks down at me.

Ever since we came, two weeks ago, we've done this every night. It's the only time my eyes are really any use.

I turn to Harry, I can just about make out his green eyes shining back at me as his lips descend on mine. It's quick but it's perfect. I smile and close my eyes as I settled myself in his shoulder once more.

"Come on" he sighs, taking my hand "let's get back inside before you fall asleep again" I don't remember replying.

~~~~~~~~~~

Harry's POV

I'm surrounded by fluffy white sheets and a warm body as I wake up. The sun is falling through the large, bay window and the fire across from us has almost faded away to nothing.

I give my wand a flick and the flames burst up once more nestled in the simple fireplace. As the room warms Draco begins to stir next to me.

I'm looking at out the forest surrounding us when I feel a mouth trailing up my side. I groan and pull my arms tighter around him. He licks along my jawline before claiming my mouth with his own, gently sucking on my lower lip before pulling away, his mouth still grazing mine, then hums "so you gonna make me breakfast in bed or..?"

I laugh as he sits up straddling my lap "you're a terrible teased, Malfoy"

"Oh Malfoy is it?" He pouts down at me , wriggling his bum so he's putting pressure just there.

I groan again and pull his hips down harder "yep and if you keep on like this you won't be getting any breakfast either"

"Ooh you're so strict" he mumbles leaning down to kiss my neck once more.

He flops back and I see his lack of sight for the first times this morning as he fumbles with getting the covers back over him.

"I have released you, now go and obey my every wish" he says dramatically.

"Yes your highness" I laugh "and what would you be wanting first?" I say as I put on my boxers.

"Bacon!"

~~~~~~~~~

It's strange to be cooking with so little to distract me. There's always been a bossy Petunia or a house full of Weasley's. The forest is completely cut off, just me and Draco. Simultaneously heaven and hell.

I can't stand not knowing... Is the war over? Who's survived? Who have I lost this time?

The only saving grace is that I know Draco is ok. I can spend every second of the day with him and that is heaven.

The smell of bacon must have been too much for Draco as I watch him stumble through the door, quilt wrapped around him, one hand feeling for where he's going.

"Hey" I say, taking his hand and leading him to stand against my back.

"Hey" he replies, wrapping the blanket so it surrounds us both. He rests his chin on my shoulder and breathes deeply "smells goods"

"You smell good" I say leaning back against him and kiss his cheek.

"Well of course" his eyes are closed and he looks utterly beautiful. I smile and kiss him once more before taking his hands from my waist so I can serve the bacon.

Once the sandwiches are ready I take him back to the bed room so we can eat tucked up in the coziness of the bedroom. 

"Delicious" Draco mumbles around a mouthful of bacon sandwich. I laugh and wipe a spot of sauce from the corner of his mouth.

"Look at you taking care of me" I smirks "we're so domestic"

"Domestic is a bit strong" I laugh again "we never get out of bed, it's a good thing this place has magic to clean itself"

"Whatever" he tosses his plate aside and pulls me into his lap "what would we leave the bed for?" He kisses me and we fall back in to the sheets. The exact sheets well spend all day messed up in.