When we win

Harrys POV

Aberforth died a week later. I stare down at the black cuff of my sleeve, feeling the weight of Aberforth's murderer rest heavily on my shoulders. I should have saved him, just like he did for me so many times. I watched for days as Hermione and Madam Promfrey struggled with his wounds and I went through a library of medical books and still I couldn't save him.

I close my eyes and run my hands over the soft bed sheet I'm lying on, reminding myself how Aberforth will never feel sheets again nor the itch of goose feather pillows against his face or the light of the sun on the back of his eyelids. If I win this war maybe that will make it up to him and all the others I couldn't save.

The plan is to take down Jugson, take him down and maybe, just maybe, all those who follow him either because they're scared or warped by his strong words, maybe they'll fall too. This of course relies on the same theory we used during the first war, that everyone was just following Voldemort blindly and look how that worked out, another war because we didn't finish the job. This time will be different, I'm convinced. No matter what happens I'm not quitting until every last death eater is rotting away in Azkaban, or dead.

Mr Goyle was officially made part of the order after he earned his trust by telling us everything he knew about the death eaters plans, which turned out to be a very small amount. It appears like his predecessor, Jugson has taken it upon himself to only trust a treasured few of his follows, which, unfortunately for us, turns out not to be Goyle.

According to Goyle this war would be 'a walk round Hogwarts' if it weren't for the sheer amount of people Jugson is managing to recruit. He, unlike Voldemort, isn't very smart or powerful; he's relying mainly on his powers of persuasion, which annoyingly are increasingly good, according to Goyle sr. He already has about twenty new follower, boosting his numbers up to about 30 and their rapidly attempting to expand further.

"Harry" I hear a soft voice whisper from above me.

"Draco"

"You've got to get up Harry, its time" it's time, how many times have I heard that said to me? How many funerals will I have to attend before I can finally rest, before I get it right and this is finally over? I feel the bed dip around me and a smooth hand tangles its self in my mess of hair. "You've got to stop this Harry. You're not a super hero, you're a boy and you can't save everyone." I feel a wave of despair roll through me "and do you know what else, you're not supposed to, it's not your job. Do you know what your job is?" I open my eyes and immediately stare to drown in the pool of mercury above me "to live"

"How am I meant to do that?" I whisper.

"Maybe it's not time yet, right now we fight for the life that's been taken from us and when we win it back, then...that's your time and it's going to be sublime.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a small funeral, tiny actually, we didn't tell many people about it so we didn't risk another run in like the one at Bill and Fleur's wedding. I couldn't stand it, the whole time I stood at the back, hiding my face and keeping away from the gaze of others. Draco kept telling me how sad they all looked but the only thing I saw in there expressions was blame. They all blame me for what I did. They all thought I'd saved them once and for all but they were all wrong. I couldn't do it and it seems like no matter how hard I try I never will and it's drowning me and I don't know what to do any more.

It's over now, I don't know what to do with myself, the rational thing to do would be to sleep, and that's what Draco is doing. We've made plans to launch an attack on the manner in the early hours of the morning tomorrow, so I know I need my rest but I can't turn my brain off. Countless thoughts keep swirling round my head. I had a pretty bad argument with Draco yesterday when I asked him not to some with us on the attack. He told me there was no way he was leaving my side, I agreed with him eventually. While I feeling sick at the thought of seeing Draco hurt, I know it would be ten times worse if something happened to him will I was gone, I would blame myself forever besides I need him with me, my head would be a blur without him to calm my thoughts down.

"What are you doing awake, Potter?" I turn my head and see Drays concerned eyes looking straight back at me. I roll over from my ridged position to swing my arm around Draco's waist and bury my head in his neck. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Never leave me" I whisper, my breathe warming the patch of Draco's skin that my lips are touching.

"Why would I ever leave you? I'm completely in love with you" I feel Draco's long fingers journey up my back into my hair as I fling my legs over his. He pulls me down until our lips meet in a tender kiss, the sort that makes you feel as if your drowning, that if the world were to end right now I wouldn't care, as long as I could die emerged in this kiss, wrapped in the scent of Draco.

Breathless, we break apart, I sigh in contentment and I lay my head on Draco's shoulder. One hand comes up to stroke through my hair, while I snatch the other up in to my own fingers, twirling Draco's ring round and round on his elegant finger.

"I've been thinking, if we win the war-"

"When we win the war" Draco interrupts

"-I want to get married outside" I continue "in the forest or on a beach. Somewhere completely open and free, that way we can have everyone there. I want everyone there."

Draco's quite for a minute before he says "Okay" in a hushed voice, he's quiet again for a while until he whispers "What else do you want Harry?"

I roll over so my chin is resting upon Draco's chest and my eyes meet his, they're full of light and he has a tiny smile on his lips that the look in his eyes accentuates; he's beautiful.

"I was thinking we could have it at night, that way we can be surrounded by lights; little lanterns hanging in trees and the stars all above us. I want someone we know to do the ceremony and I want to write my own vows. I want engraved wedding rings to match our engagement rings and I want the reception somewhere that links to both of us, I haven't decide where yet though. I'd like a band and a sit down meal. I want a massive cake and I want to wear the suit my dad got married in."

Draco's quiet again and his eyes have glazed over like he's picturing it all before him, so I add "And I want you to wear my mums dress" he bursts out laughing and shoves me lightly.

"It was all perfect before you said that" I laugh and he pull me so I'm sat fully in his lap. I look down at Draco's face washed in the moonlight pouring in through the window "I want to do it know" he whispers.

"I do too"

"Tell me what else you think about" Draco says as I move so I can lie between his legs. His fingers play with my hair and I pull the covers up over us.

"Sometimes I think that we could maybe go to France for a year. Buy a house on the coast where we could go for walks on the beach and go swimming in the ocean. We could live on pastries and wine and I'll teach you how to cook. We could go to galleries and you could teach me all about art and how to speak French.

"Or we could get a flat in New York, one of those big one in central park. We could go ice skating at Rockefeller centre and go out for dinner every night. We could buy a boat and learn how to sail, spend afternoons surrounded by water." I pause and look out the window and see the moon shining back at me amidst the deep blue sky. "Or we could stay here; buy a cottage in Godric's Hollow, one with a big kitchen and a fireplace in the bathroom. You could open an apothecary and-" I pause for a second glancing at Draco's closed eyes and little smile "and maybe we could start a family" I whisper.

Draco's eyes snap open and he stares up at me before pulling my down to place a hard kiss on my lips "Let's do it all"

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

I'm soooo sorry it took my so long to update! I just started sixth form and I have a LOT work!

Any how, I hope you like this chapter

Please vote and comment!

I love you all, that's for reading <33