Chapter Twenty One

A/N: Oops.

Everyone widened their eyes when they heard Mitch's usual soft and shy voice became loud and confident. Scott had to hide the smirk that happened because of Mitch's sudden confidence while Avi and Kevin gave each high fives. Kirstin glared at Mitch and walked up closely to him, striking fear in his tiny body.

"You deserve to be punished," Kirstin hissed, grabbing Mitch's arm and squeezing it tightly. Scott then slapped his hand on hers and she retreated, glaring at the Lead Alpha. "What the heck, Scott?! You can't hurt me! I'm in the Pack!"

"Not anymore," Scott argued, holding Mitch's hand and rubbing the Omega's arm softly. "And last time I checked, Jeremy punished Mitch even though he's not in the Pack."

"Oh, drag ha sis! How she recova?" Avi yelled, getting everyone's attention. He then smirked, pointing to Mitch. "He taught me that."

"That is amazing," Kevin commented, smiling at the Omega. Mitch smiled shyly at the attention and buried his face into Scott's shirt, hiding from everyone's stares. "Scott's got a point."

"Well, I'm not leaving," Kirstin finalized, crossing her arms. An idea then came to mind and she smirked. "If you kick me out, I could easily tell a Council member that Avi, Kevin, and Scott abuse Mitch. He has bruises to prove it."

"You and your loving Mate did that," Kevin yelled, defending himself and the Alphas. Mitch bit his lip to keep from crying, but a tear managed to escape. "None of us have fingers small enough to match those bruises on his arms!"

"Oh, but you three could be accused of slapping him across the face and hitting his back," Kirstin fought back, her smirk getting annoying by the minute. "Either I stay or you three get put in jail and Mitch is forced to be in another Pack or become homeless. Your choice."

The Alphas and Beta shared looks, wanting to protect Mitch. If Kirstin stayed, he would stay in the Pack, but Kirstin and Jeremy will be in there. They could hurt him and accuse him of doing 'punishable activities'. That is something that Mitch does not deserve.

If she left, then Jeremy would leave too and Mitch will be safe. Only this time, the Alphas and Beta will be arrested because Kirstin will accuse them of abuse. Mitch will then have no Pack to be with, leaving him to be alone or maybe even homeless, yet another thing that Mitch does not deserve.

Scott then sighed, looking at Kevin and Avi, finalizing their answer. They both nodded sadly, hoping that in the end, Mitch did not get hurt. Scott then looked at Mitch, frowning slightly. Mitch bit his lip, praying for the best.

"I'm so sorry, Princess Ariel," Scott whispered, hugging the Omega tight. The Lead Alpha closed his eyes, praying that Mitch will be okay. "You're staying."

In that moment, Mitch began to dear for his life more than he's ever done before.

~~~

Kirstin and Jeremy came into the dining room, laughing loudly. Mitch picked at his food, feeling sadness take over his body. Scott glared at the couple and cut Mitch's food into small pieces, thinking back to a distinct memory.

"Scott?"

"Yes, Allie?"

"Kirstin was mean to me. All I did was ask her a simple question and she walked off, seeming to be glaring at something."

"That's just her nature, babe. She's really sweet though. She's probably just mad."

"Okay, Alpha. Scotty?"