39 • The Arrival Announcement (Final)

A/N: You remember that life-explaining chapter I promised one of you? Here it is.

This is also the last chapter, because I don't wanna split it up. I wanna fucking cry, oh my god :'-) I'll post the last authors note later, and an important epilogue, and just be on the look out for that, because I've got a lot to say.

Also, please note I'm using a stupid ass computer, because my shit broke this morning, yay c: enjoy, though!!! Excuse any mistakes.

You guys, this is it. I can't believe this.

***

Now, it was quite possible that everything could go back to how it was when I was twelve years old, with dirty fingernails and gross hair.

When I pretended I was in love with this girl named Abby, (because everyone else was in love with someone of the opposite sex), and wasn't prepared to have my life irrevocably shattered.

I say irrevocably, because it's not a secret that actual love doesn't heal all. It just doesn't. Josh and I being in love doesn't make him forget about his Uncle Sean, and I don't forgot about my dad, or my cutting, or my depression in general. Let alone what caused it.

"We should get home soon, don't you think? I'm sure your mom wants to see you," Josh spoke lowly, disconnecting his mouth from mine, and spinning me around so that my back was no longer against his car.

It was dark out, almost midnight, and I knew he could feel me rolling my eyes, but he just smiled. "I wasn't done kissing you yet."

"I'm not gonna have sex with you against the hood of my car," he chuckled. "We're not in one of those stupid actions movies."

"Says who?" I asked incredulously.

But, I feel like I have somewhat of a family now, and that I am not by myself anymore, and that I have a group of people that would catch me if I ever dropped from a tall building. And, really, that's all I ever wanted. To wake up and know that someone was glad I was alive, and I got it, and maybe it didn't take away the severe pain of everything, but it numbed it.

Just like Josh was a bucket full of freezing cold water that slammed through the back of your shirt, and electrocuted your spine, but he was also something that soothed it. He was both a diaster and a miracle, and he was forever my biggest dilemma, and forever my biggest solution.

"Just get in the car, Ty," he laughed.

We were soaking wet again, and his soft fingertips were sifting through my wet hair, pushing it upwards. "Why?"

"Because I asked you to." He whined falsely, feigning annoyance. Slapping at his chest, I let go of him, walking over to the passenger side of his car. "Nicely, might I add."

"And I appreciate your patient tone."

In the end, Josh and I were both victims of a lot of things. Including each other. And I don't know if I can say that he was made for me, and I was made for him, but I hope that's the case. He was an oxygen tank, and I was just someone that couldn't breathe on their own, and it was sad, but it was simple.

"Are you going to walk into your mom's house soaking wet?" He asked, eyebrows raised. Throwing the keys into the ignition, he started up the engine, and let it rumble. "Is she gonna ask questions?"