Chapter 26

Grayson or Ethan, I don't know who is who since they're twins, took my mom to another room. They said they were going to keep us safe, I don't know what they actually meant by that. I can't trust anyone right now other than my mom. I stared at the wall while thinking about an escape plan. My hands were still tied and they were numb. What if I convince Grayson or Ethan to let me go by saying they got the wrong person? Really, Destiny? Tell them they got the wrong person? I'm pretty sue they would know if they got the wrong person or not. My subconscious adds. Ugh, I guess she's right. I have to find a way to get out of here—but before that I have to know why I'm here in the first place.

One of the twins comes in with a bag in his hand. Panda Express I see. I don't trust him, what if it's poisoned?!

"I know what you're thinking, 'what if he's poisoning me!' " he said in a squeaky voice.

"I don't even talk like that!" I said .

"Trust me. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have any food at all right now," he said while sliding the plate and a fork to me. He sat beside me and leaned his head on the wall. Ok, now how does he think I'm supposed to eat.

"Oh, right, turn around," he said. I dos as said and he untied my hands. I rubbed my wrists and shook my hands, trying to 'wake' them up. I picked up the fork and started eating.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask.

"What?" He asks.

"Helping me, well us," I replied.

"I never chose to do this, I was forced," he said still looking at the wall.

"By who?" I asked.

"Now that, I can't say, you'll find out soon," he said.

"Why doesn't anyone want to tell me?" I whined.

"All I can say, is that you know him," he said finally turning his head and looking intently at my eyes.

"I know him?" I asked.

"Mhm," he hummed.

"I'm Grayson, by the way," he said.

"Destiny," I replied.

"Yeah, I know," he chuckled.

Someone approached the door. Grayson slightly jumped and hid the plates behind him. The door opens and Ethan came in.

"The boss wants you," he said.

"Ok," Grayson replied.

"Did you give her the food?" Ethan asked.

"Yeah, I did," Grayson said as he walked out. Ethan turned to me and said,

"One of us will be back, if someone else comes, don't trust them, ok?" Ethan said. I nodded.

"Oh, and here," he said handing me and already tied rope, "when you hear someone coming just slip your hands through here, it's not right so it won't hurt your wrists, but it will make it seem like it is," he continued. I nodded again; and he left, shutting the door behind him.

I let out a shaky breath I didn't know I was holding. Should I really trust these guys? Well they did feed you. My subconscious said, and I agreed with her. They're helping me and I should appreciate them. What I can't stop thinking about is who the person behind all of this is. Grayson did say I know him. Who could it be? I know that none of my friends would do this. My mom also knows, but why wouldn't she tell me? What is she hiding from me?

~
Later that night

I heard someone approaching the room and did as Ethan told me. I slipped my hands through the tied rope and closed my eyes pretending I sleep. I heard the door open. And heard footsteps walking toward me. My heart started beating faster.