Chapter 33

"What are we watching?" I ask once I go back to the leaving room after changing.

"The Vow," Alli replied stuffing her mouth with popcorn.

"And Seb is okay with that?" I ask with an amused expression. There is no way he let her put that, she must've done something.

"Yeah, surprisingly," Alli says.

"Are you okay with that? Since you know..." Alli trails off. I know exactly what she's referring to.

"Why wouldn't she be okay with that?" Brennen asked curiously.

"Well, the movie is about a couple and the wife gets amnesia so she doesn't remember anything and she doesn't love him the same," Alli explains noticing that I can't. I just don't want him to get the idea that I don't love him anymore or that I don't think he loves me.

"Oh." Brennen replies.

"I-it's fine with me," he continues, looking at me.

"Okay then it's settled," Alli grins trying to lighten the mood.

We are interrupted from watching the movie with the buzzing of a phone. Brennen reaches over to the coffee table grabbing the phone. I notice it's my phone. Once he looks at the name flashing across the screen, he frowns. He quickly recovers and hands me the phone. He looks at me as if asking who it is.

Reece.

A smile plasters across my face as excitement runs through my veins. Quickly vanishing with worry. Why would he be calling? Is something wrong? Please don't tell me something is wrong with him.

I swipe my thumb across the screen and take the call.

"Hello? Reece?" I ask.

"Destiny! Love, I missed you!" He says into the speaker. His accent has gotten thicker. My smile quickly returns.

"I miss you too! When are you coming?" I whine.

"Actually, that's why I was calling," he says happily.

I furrow my eyebrows, being a bit confused until he spoke again.

"I'm on my way to the apartment," he says.

My smile widens along with my eyes. Reece is coming? Oh my god! I missed him so much!

"Really?! Oh my gosh Reece! I can't wait to see you, you don't know how much I've missed you!" I practically yell into the phone. Out of excitement, of course.

"I missed you a lot too, can't wait to see you Des," he chuckles.

"Are you almost here or do you still have a long ride from here?" I ask.

"I think I'm almost there, I'm not sure. According to my gps I'm 10 minutes away," he says, his voice is faint making me assume that he has put his phone down.

"Okay, I'll wait for you, be safe and don't get lost," I joke.

"See you soon, Des," he says, I could almost see his smile through the phone.