Chapter 36

I think it's better to tell Brennen all the truth. I can't keep lying to him because I'm afraid He might get hurt. But he'll get hurt more once he finds out I lied to him. That I've been hiding the truth from him. He's an adult and he has to take this seriously. I can't let him be live a lie, he won't forgive me if he finds out.

"Okay, I think I should tell you the truth..." I say.

"The truth? What truth?" he asks, clearly confused.

"With what exactly happened to you, why you lost your memory, how we know Ethan and Dolan," I continue.

"Why haven't you told me anything?" he sounds irritated.

"Because... I was afraid you'll get hurt or that it will give you nightmares like it has to me," I explain.

"Destiny, I'm an adult I can take this. I'm not a little kid. Just because I lost my memory does not mean I will get hurt from everything! I'm tired of everyone treating me like I suddenly became a child! You, my mom, my siblings, my friends, everyone! I'm sick of it!"

"Please, Brennen, calm down." I say slowly.

"No, you can't ask me to calm down. You've been lying to me." he says the last part quietly. He almost sounds... hurt. This is exactly what I didn't want happening.

He rubs his face with his hands and keeps them on his head. He winces as if something hurts.

"Bab-" I begin but he cuts me off.

"Don't. I need some time alone. Please." he says quietly wincing again.

"O-okay. I'll leave you." I start walking out the door but he stops me.

"No. I can't stay here. I'm going home." he takes long strides to the door and jogs down the stairs to the front door. I follow behind.

"Hon- hey what happened?" my moms asks as she walks out the kitchen.

"Nothing." I say waking up the stairs.

"Destiny." my mom says in a warning tone.

I stop to look at her.

"What happened?" she asks again. "That was not nothing," she says pointing to the door.

I sigh and sit on a step.

"I wanted to finally tell him what happened. Why he lost his memory," I briefly explain.

"And?"

"He's angry because I lied and never told him in the beginning," I say.

My mom sighs and says, "Just give him some time, that's what he needs. He needs to take everything in."

"Yeah, I guess." I say and continue my way upstairs.

*Brennen's P.O.V.*

I really did want to know the truth, but I'm just so tired of everyone treating me like a child. Why do I have to be treated like this? I am still an adult. I can handle bad things. I don't need people lying to my face just so I won't get "hurt."

"Honey, are you okay?" I hear my mom say behind the door.

"I'm okay!" I shout. "I just want to be alone."

I hear my mom leave.

I lay in my bed thinking of something to do to get my mind off what drying was about to tell me. I think and think until finally an idea comes to my mind.
YouTube, Twitter, Instagram.

I download the apps onto my phone. Once I download them I try to think of something that could be my password. Star Wars? No. Miley Cyrus? No. My own name? No. I tried different things but none of them were the correct password.