Game 4:

“Finally, practice time!!” Riko excitedly said while stretching her arms, cracking every sleeping joint from the very monotonous discussion of their wrinkled science teacher and his shiny head with few remnant strands of hair trying to suck out the concise life force left to him. ‘I hope she comes.’ She thought. After a few more neck and arm stretches, she grabs her bag and heads out the classroom. Hyuga, Koganei and Izuki were still classmates this third year, and her ever-loving players have left her alone walking in the hallways of their floor, feeling the afternoon sun’s heat and appreciating its bright orange color illuminating the city before night befalls. She then went downstairs until she reached their shoe lockers, changes into her outdoor shoes and headed towards the gymnasium.

“Okay everyone let’s st—“

“KYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU LOOK SO STUPID TAIGA KYAHAHAHAHHAHA”

Riko was taken aback when she heard Saru’s boisterous laughter echoing inside the gymnasium hall as she opened the door. She slowly took steps towards the door and when she was completely inside the gym, she saw a rolling Saru on the floor, completely overwhelmed by the sight laughing her heart out, with her one hand holding her guts and the other slamming it on the harsh, cold gymnasium floor, her players blindfolded and scattered around the gym and Teppei running around the court playing around and dribbling the ball.

“Damn it!” Taiga cussed as he carefully lifted both of his muscular arms trying to sense where the laughing witch is so he could strangle her neck, bury her corpse and they could go back to their happy times when they could practice seriously at peace.

“Uhh what’s going on here?” Riko asked, placing both of her arms on her hips and arcing one brow towards the heavens. “We’re playing a game!! Care to join?” Saru playfully replied, drawing one of her oh-so famous smirks across her delicate face.

“Seriously, Saru, what’s with this?”

“I told you, I just wanted to play with your team for a while.”

“Okay guys enough of this child’s play and commence practice!” Riko shouted. The blindfolded Seirin players would’ve removed their blindfolds when Saru objected. “Don’t you guys even dare to touch that.” She threateningly commanded. The players suddenly felt the chills on their spines and decided to follow Saru. Riko, now with a stern expression and menacing aura glared towards her. “What the hell Saru?! This is a practice!! Not a children’s party!!”

“I KNOW!! You could learn something from everything, may it be a children’s play, a complex adult discussion, or even an old man’s nonsensical ranting!! Dammit Riko!! You still haven’t noticed it didn’t you!?” she scoffed, pointed on the currently silent and confused blindfolded Seirin players. Teppei temporarily stopped in order to listen to their argument. Riko still wasn’t able to comprehend what Saru wanted to imply, still puzzled of the weird blindfolding setup her cousin did. Saru, understanding that Riko was still confused based on her facial expression, sighed and went towards her cousin. ‘Let me make you remember all the memories, my dearest cousin.’ She thought as she held Riko’s arms and reassuringly smiled, this time full of sincerity and gentleness. She pulled Riko and brought her to the middle of the court.

“Listen members of Seirin basketball club, the REAL practice starts NOW.” Saru started. “Hey what are you talking about, you’re not our coach!” Hyuga, who was currently on the side, holding the concrete walls of the gym cautiously and completely conscious of his surrounding, firmly protested. Saru looked towards her, furious for she doesn’t want anybody interrupting her. “Shut up you bipolar four-eyed love freak,” she irritably hissed. The other Seirin players, even Riko, gasped in awe, gaping their mouths open. Saru ignored their terrified reactions and proceeded on continuing her disrupted speech. “These are the instru—“