Game 19: TBSP Summer Special Part 5

“Don’t you think that this running was quite easy for our training? I mean it’s Saru we’re talking about here. Trainings should be—uhm—insane?” Izuki worriedly whispered towards Hyuga who’s currently focused on running their 18th lap. Hyuga also doubted the training since it was as simple as a jog for the team, they wouldn’t even waste that much energy for 20 laps around the beach shore. It was definitely too easy for them. “I don’t know what’s happening here but let’s just do this and run.” Hyuga calmly said despite the panting. Izuki nods and simply follows Hyuga, together with the whole team focused on completing their task.

“Well I hate to say this but, let’s just trust our stupid manager.” Koganei purred as he passed by the two fellow upperclassmen before dashing towards the silent Mitobe running in front of the team. Hyuga and Izuki simply looks towards Koganei, who seemingly acknowledges her as their insane-but-sometimes-sensible manager. They run faster, telling the team that it’s almost their 20th lap and they head back to the house afterwards.

As they went back towards the house, they see Saru and Riko happily chatting on the dining table while having tea and coffee as they ate their breakfast. The smell of sweat lingers in the air, having the two girls look towards the door only to find out the team looking weirdly towards them. The two girl stood up with grins on their faces, telling the team to follow them towards the gymnasium.

A few meters away from the beach house, the two girls lead the team towards their battlefield. A huge white establishment loomed over them. The girls opened the doors of the gymnasium, revealing a gym much like their own but only bigger and has more facilities for other sports stored in the storage room. The team happily went inside and excitedly sniffed the gym where they will definitely improve and get stronger. “Okay people, gather up.” Saru merely raised her voice, not particularly shouted since it would be futile because her voice would echo inside. The team hastily gathered near the two girls who had a stern expression all over their face.

“Now, the REAL training starts.” Saru started towards them, looking viciously in each member. The team flinched upon hearing the ‘real’ word from Saru. ‘Hey Hyuga, told you there’s something fishy about the 20 laps.’ Izuki nervously whispered towards Hyuga, hoping that the two girls wouldn’t notice. Fortunately, they didn’t.

“So how was your WARM UP? Got tired already?” Riko asked the team as her stern expression became a playful one. She wore that similar eerie smirk Saru always had when she thought of something ridiculous. ‘I have a bad feeling about this.’ The whole team thought as they looked nervously towards their coach and manager, snickering upon them. They gulped and wished that this wasn’t the last time they’ll be able to see the sunlight… Hopefully…

“Riko, I’d want you to group them into three and have them do your typical training regime. I’d give you two hours for this.” Saru said towards Riko before she looks towards the team. Riko nods and starts grouping them. “Okay! Upperclassmen and freshmen, you’ll be the two teams.” Riko shouted, earning nods from the team as they obediently group themselves. “Wait, didn’t Saru say that we form THREE teams? Why is there only two?” Hyuga says as he remember Saru’s instruction. Saru smirks upon hearing this. “Keen as always, Cap. Third team, BAKAGAMI.” Saru smirks, having surprised reactions from the team. Kagami gawked as she said it towards him, giving her confused and questioning looks from everybody else. “Well, because you’re such a REBEL, I give you this privilege to suffer from my immense training.” Saru said in a matter-of-factly tone.

Kagami was too flabbergasted to react and the next thing he knew, Saru already isolated him from everybody else. Kagami glared towards the mischievous girl snickering in front of him. “What are you laughing at!?” Kagami irritatingly shouted towards her. “You’re scaaarrreedd aren’t you?” She playfully said, having that sly grin plastered across her face. “WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT BEING SCARED?” Kagami raised his voice and the whole team hearing his sudden outburst, resulting to them stopping whatever they do and looked toward Saru and Kagami.