Game 14:

“SARU!!!!!!” A horrifying screech of wrath echoed around the house. A powerful and menacing presence could be felt just with the tremendous magnitude of the voice. Saru also trembled, counting the possible seconds left before her life will be taken and sacrificed to the demons soon.

“A-he-he-he… W-what’s u-up R-riko?” Saru cautiously tiptoed through the ominous hallways of the house towards the door.

“DON’T ‘WHAT’S UP’ ME YOU IRRESPONSIBLE CREATURE!” Riko appeared in front of Saru, causing her soul to jump away from her body in surprise. Her brown eyes glaring intently towards the pleading Saru on her feet. She is currently stabbing Saru with thousands of daggers through her eyes and Saru could feel the intensity of her glare that brought shivers across her frail body.

“W-wait wait c-calm d-down couz! I have news!” Saru nervously injected in between her pleading. Riko simply arched her eyebrow and continued tormenting Saru in her mind. “Y-you s-see, I-I m-met this Kise Ryouta dude a while ago.” Simply hearing this, Riko suddenly froze in an unexpected turn of events. Riko was gaping her mouth wide. Saru found it disturbing so she moved Riko’s jaw and closed her mouth. “S-SERIOUSLY?!” Riko managed to speak. ‘What is wrong with her? She keeps on meeting the Generation of Miracles one after another—perhaps, are their destinies intertwined with each other?” Riko thought as she stared unconsciously towards her sceptical and irres—

”HEY DON’T THINK THAT CHANGING THE TOPIC WOULD SAVE YOU FROM HELL!” Riko shouts towards her, suddenly remembering all the rage erupting within her a while ago. She heard a ‘tsk’ from somewhere, obviously from Saru, now having that ridiculous pout on her face. “You’ll be washing the dishes tonight.” Riko firmly mouthed towards Saru, which is now having actual tantrums in front of Riko.

“But Riko!!!!!! I’M TIIIRREEEDD AND AND AND IT’S NOT EVEN WEDNESDAAAYYY!!!” Saru whined, stomping her feet like some spoiled brat having her precious toy stolen away from her. Riko felt gravely annoyed seeing this side of her, acting all childish, so she immediately ran towards her room, leaving Saru begging on the floor.

“Shut up couz’ you’re so noisy!” Riko screamed from upstairs. She still heard Saru whining for a while and after a few moments, murmurs as if a summoning of youkai’s and demons was happening just behind her door— or probably the summons of a curse from her cousin who lived in the mountains alone for like, her whole life. After a few minutes, silence echoed through the house. ‘Perhaps she went down already.’ Riko thought. She finally walk towards her bed and lay there for a while, thinking of a new routine for the team to dwell on, since things just got so interesting for the team and their newest and perkiest manager ever.

Saru was still sulking while she was eating her meal alone on the dining room. ‘It’s not even Wednesday, tsk. This little lovelife-less-ish prick.’ She thought, pouting while chewing the rice grains she prepared since her expert chef cousin didn’t make anything for her besides a pre-heated instant noodles. Despite that, she still couldn’t forget the overwhelming power of the Generation of Miracles from Kise’s match a while ago.

“He’s really good to be honest and he’s worth the praise… but I don’t like his basketball.” Saru whispers to herself as she chomps on her dinner.

-------------------

“What’s wrong?” Teppei stood before the silent Saru, staring blankly into the nothingness of the gymnasium ceiling. His shadow loomed over the currently absent-minded girl with a stupid look on her face. Teppei stood there, waiting for an answer from her.