Chapter 16

Hitomi nervously shifted side to side while standing beside her new friend and ally during the jounin exams. Amaya silently stood beside her while looking strangely serious into the desert beyound Suna's closed gates. Apparently this is where their ANBU exams take place. However since the Jounin exam area's being used as a training ground for the other shinobi's practicing their skills for the up-coming war. Everyone's on edge lately. Heck even the spunking blue haired princess's is taking things slightly more seriously lately. Hitomi understands though why her friend's acting like that. Kaemon Uchiha's staring directly towards her with an un-readable expression also never losing his gaze on Amaya. Several times she's notice Amaya's left eye flinch or back straighten even more. She's on high alert for whatever crosses their path in this exam. This is a do or die situation, not kids stuff. This exams to show children from the adults. The big boys game, fight or die.

"Hitomi." Amaya's teal eyes met pale lavender orbs.

"Yes?"

The princess of Cyclone Island's eyes narrowed slightly.

"Have you got the scroll on you?"

Hitomi nods while grinning slightly. "Yeah."

They both grinned to each other before turning towards the newly arrived Wife of the Kazekage. Approaching the podum stage looking blank faced. All eyes turn towards Karura of the Sand. Her eyes wondered around the present group of chunnins until meeting a pair of teal orbs. A small smile crossed her face while Amaya mouthed 'Hey you!' also adding a wink. That woman's like a ray of sunshine, so bright and carefree. Admirable, not many people have that certian shine anymore, it's soothing knowing that if one ninja can still grasp onto their sanity during these harsh times. Maybe that shine will spreed to the next generation. Hopefully they would have more chance of survival than this generation. Karura cleared her throat.

"Welcome to Suna Ladies and Gentleman. My husband apologises for not personally being here today. So his asked myself to personally announce this message for you all. Each of you have got a scroll labbled as Day and Night. Just like the Hidden Leaf village's chunin exams however this one's different. If you do not reach the tower in the desert's centre in two days and three nights, than the scroll will explode. Once passed the tower's doors it will turn the scroll-bomb active mode to de-activated. Use your eyes and ears carefully. Hundreds of poisonious reptiles are living beyound these gates. Mostly man eating. Do not think you can cheat the system. All of you are going to be watched over carefully. Cheating is punished by death here in Suna. So stay safe, be aware of what's going around and above all stay alive. Thank you." Karura nods while walked off towards three armed ANBU guards.

A random shinobi appeared shouting out.

"The exams will begin at nightfall. You all come back here at five o'clock sharp! Be ready by then ladies!"

Muttering echoed everywhere while some of them walked away. Amaya crossed her arms looking impressed while Hitomi freaked out. Their carrying a bomb! Not one but two bombs!

"I' am impressed. We're carrying la bomba!"

Hitomi looked towards Amaya's cherisher grin almost cat like. Whimpering while holding back tears, she's the one carrying two bombs. Oh wait excuse me. La Bomba to Amaya of course. This cannot get anymore terrible for them both. Kaemon and now two freaking la bomba's! Cant this exam get any more worse?

"I wonder if we can eat the sand?"

Hitomi face palmed herself.

Five o'clock.

Amaya watched nervously as more and more shinobi's from other villages appeared. Half left earlier while the re-maining half had stayed back. It's only two minutes until five o'clock and already it seems much more cooler than before. Once the sun's down than the desert will be below freezing. They will have to be extremely careful not to die of cold. Last thing anyone wants. So they both wore long sleeve jackets for the night time and casual clothing during day. Warm by night and almost dying from the heat by day.