Chapter 18

Hitomi stood protectively beside Amaya as they ventured off towards the tower. So far they've bid many thank yous and even embraced Lou and Dan, still extremely greatful to them both. Departing away to different locations, Lou and Dan were both going to stick close to Kaemon for safety reasons. Giving both kunochi's a chance to safely arrive at the tower without any danger lurking. So far Amaya's movemnts were slower than usual and even had trouble running without collapsing from fatigue, mentally and physically tired from her encounter with Kaemon last night. Both females know that this can make them easy targets for other shinobi's on the prowl. Hopefully they will reach the tower in time before night fall or late morning, their time is cut dangerously short. Hitomi turned around stopping to witness Amaya pant heavily and even look more tired, suffering from extreme blood loss that's very dangerous. Kaemon really done a number on the poor princess.

"Amaya?"

Teal eyes flickered up, cloudy from pain and fatigue. Amaya's now the weak one, easy prey.

"Give me a minute...to catch my breath." Beads of sweat dripped down her forehead, blood loss and heat do not mix well together. Hitomi nods in understandment. They've been traviling for hours and it's been a real challange for Amaya herself, she's almost at her limit.

"I'll scan the area."

"Sure." Amaya muttered while sitting on her legs, breathing in deeply while unscrewing a water bottle's lid. Hitomi's Byakugan scanned each and every corner of the area, so far so good. They're alone.

"How long till we reach the tower?" Amaya stood up walking towards her fellow kunochi. Suna's heat wave made everything look and feel much more hotter than normal, both females were already sweating up a storm.

"Half a days run."

Amaya blinked in surprise, holy crap they were that close? Man they're on a freaking roll!

"Seriously?"

Hitomi bit down a grin, she's happy that Amaya's not changed after everything that's happened. Maybe a little wiser and mature a small bit, but still the same in some areas.

"I am serious, half a days run."

"But it's only one two day and two nights."

Hitomi turned around and nods. "It's our last night. If we do not reach the tower by tomorrow morning, we..."

"Go boom! Yeah I know that sweet cakes, better get a move on them." Amaya rolled her eyes smiling.

Hitomi grinned nodding as they both ran faster towards the tower.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Amaya couldn't wipe a big old fat smirk off her face. They've made the tower in record time. A few suna medic ninja's had healed the rest of her wounds, gave two chalkra pills and even a bath. Now she's bathed, feed and laying in a nice comfortable bunk bed. Laying on the bottom bunk while Hitomi slept peacefully. Tomorrow morning is when the dead line for other shinobi's were up and then they go boom, bye byes. Secretly she hopes that Kaemon doesn't make it in time and goes sky high, that would be a sight she would pay for. Heck it would be like a totaly awesome thing to witness. That asshole monster Uchiha to explode into little chunks. Then again she wants to fight him again. To show him that last time he simply caught her off guard and wasn't properly pre-pared to fight him toe to toe. Now it's different, she wants to fight him to an all in all out battle to the death. Amaya knows that Kaemon held back, held back what his truly made of and was taunting her. Now the games are over and she wants to fight him like a true kunochi, to smack him around like a little bitch. Once that's all over and she's going to go home or march of to war.