Resident Evil Chapter 2

Kaplan had found another way, but it down eight flights of stairs.

Aurora was beginning to feel crowded, and claustrophobic. She could feel Spence's eyes burning a hole in the back of her head and that was adding to her discomfort.

She was also getting flashes of her memory back, and it was making her dizzy.

Aurora saw her sparing with Alice, the woman was stronger than she looked. Most of her nights were spent eating in silence across from Spence and Alice. Aurora also remembered Alice's taste of wine and cigars, how many nights they spent in Aurora's office with a single cigar and a wine bottle between them.

Everything seemed like a vague, distant memory.

"So, Aurora's-"

"Our boss" Alice reminded with a smirk.

Spence chuckled softly. "I was going to say intense"

The pair was a couple of stairs behind Aurora, and she could hear everything they were whispering.

"You two are close?" Spence questioned.

Aurora had an instant dislike for Spence, though she wasn't sure why. Her gut was telling her that Spence was suspicious, of something Aurora couldn't remember.

Alice shrugged. "It seems so. She and I were in a lot of pictures back at the Mansion" She didn't feel the need to tell Spence that she was remembering a lot about her odd relationship with Aurora.

"Remember anything else?" Spence pressed.

Alice shook her head. "She and I argued, a lot" She recalled that most of the fights were recent, within the year. Their relationship had drastically altered for whatever reason.

"What sort of-

Aurora stopped, forcing Spence and Alice to stop with her.

"We argued about her fake husband and how he couldn't keep his mouth shut" Aurora glanced back at them. "If you're going to talk behind my back can you do it quieter?" She turned back around, and quickly jogged down the last flight of stairs.

Spence and Alice followed with childish grins from being caught.

~~~

Aurora didn't like where they were. It gave off an instant sense of dread, especially towards the large containers. It was too quiet; those containers should have been making noise.

"Dining Hall B" Kaplan told his team, ignoring their confused looks. It didn't look like a place to dine, but that's what his computer said.

"Maybe the Corporation is keeping a few secrets down here" Matt was ignored but he continued anyways "Something you're not supposed to see?"

Aurora turned to Matt, feeling the urge to defend the company she knew nothing about.

Her fiery glare startled Matt, and he looked away from her without another word.

"Rain and J.D, you stay. Keep the prisoner here and secure all the exits" Captain One ordered. "There may be survivors. Search, but keep it tight" He nodded at his team.

Everyone but Rain, J.D, Matt and Aurora wondered off. Aurora had strange feeling about this place, and it wasn't going away no matter how many times she tried to shake it off.

"Aurora Callaway, as I live and breathe" Matt glared at the woman with hate.

Aurora glared back. "I wouldn't start with me, kid" She warned him.

"You know exactly what's happening here" He stated, ignoring her. "I don't believe this memory loss bullshit; it seems a little convenient, doesn't it?"