Resident Evil Apocalypse Chapter 6

There was no doubt in Aurora's mind that Alice was dead.

It was some sort of sick miracle that the rest of them made it out alive with minor injuries, just a few burns and bruises.

Aurora stumbled out of the helicopter, dragging Alice's burned and bloody body into the oasis with her. She laid the woman down on some rocks, closed the unseeing green eyes, and covered Alice with her leather jacket.

Aurora wasn't sure if seeing Alice dead made her so agreeable, or if it was so many blows to the head, but Aurora let herself be talked into leaving Alice's body at the crash. Almost numbly, Aurora followed them out of the mountains.

The day didn't stop there however; it just kept going and getting progressively worse.

Just on the outskirts of the ruined city, they had run straight into some Government Agents. Right then and there, Aurora made her decision and fled from the group, leaving them to whatever fate awaited them.

Aurora's original plan was to go into hiding, but she couldn't shake the antsy feeling that came with it. She even thought of handing herself over to Wesker, but she quickly expelled that idea from her head. The last thing she ever wanted to be was at the mercy of Albert Wesker.

The news went ahead an went along with the Nuclear reactor story, quickly dismissing the outbreak as a lie created by Jill and Carlos, who were now on America's most wanted list.

Aurora pulled the few strings she had left, and found herself hiding within the web of the United States Army as Field Surgeon. She had quickly found her place at the side of Chris Redfield, a solider.

He was a little younger then she was, but held a familiar sense of honor that Aurora found herself drawn to. It also helped that Chris was very handsome, and his deep voice always sent shivers down her spine.

"What made you leave Umbrella, Doctor Calaway?" Chris had asked innocently.

Aurora wasn't sure what to tell him; so far no one had asked her why she left the Umbrella Corporation. She had quickly rattled off a lie about estranged family that died in Raccoon City during the nuclear meltdown and felt awful when Chris admitted that his sister was M.I.A from Raccoon City too.

Two weeks after the Raccoon incident, Aurora's world took a turn for the worst. A mysterious illness was quickly spreading across the States, and Aurora was sure it was leading to the end of the world.

If that wasn't bad enough, sometimes Aurora could swear that she felt Alice's presence around her. She was officially sure she was going crazy until she had a phone call incoming.

It was Jill.

"You're a very hard person to find"

"That was sort of the point" Aurora couldn't find it in herself to hang up, "What are you calling for? I'm not helping you expose anybody, you messed that up for yourself"

"Not even if I told you Alice was alive?"

There was silence for a moment, and Jill was worried Aurora had hung up on her.

"Umbrella has her, don't they?" Aurora finally spoke, her voice lowering.

"They do" Jill confirmed, "It's a long story, I'll tell you when we meet-"

Aurora viciously shook her head, and then remembered Jill couldn't actually see her. "I don't want any part of this, Jill"

"What?" Jill couldn't believe what she was hearing. She and Carlos had to drag Aurora, kicking and screaming, from Alice's dead body and now she was refusing to help her? "You're going to let Umbrella have her?"