Resident Evil Extinction Chapter 6

The infected that burst out of the container had the speed and strength of no other infected Aurora ever saw before.

It was strange, Aurora couldn't help to notice, they didn't move like ordinary infected. They fought like they were aware, like they too were human. But their scarred, milky complexion didn't strike a chord in Aurora's mind; these super-infected had to be Umbrella's latest hardware.

Aurora didn't have much time to dwell on whether or not Umbrella planted these infected for Alice and her to find, the ammo in her pistols had run out and she was being approached too fast for her to reload.

She holstered her guns and whipped out her machete, cleanly cutting through the neck of a super-infected with her crude blade. "What do we do now?" She shouted over to Alice, stabbing another super-infected in the back of his head as he ran past her.

Alice racked her brain for an escape as she fought her own battles. There was no fleeing from these super-infected; they were just too fast, but they were too strong for the survivors to fight, it was becoming a massacre.

Aurora side stepped an infected, and he ran straight into Alice's blades. The women watched the body fall between them.

Alice looked up and winced at the intensity of Aurora's blue eyes. There was a silent I told you so on Aurora's lips that didn't need to be spoken out loud, Alice heard it loud and clear.

"Do you have a plan?" The corner of Aurora's lip twisted into a sadistic smirk.

Alice shook her head, twirling the kukri's between her fingers. "Fight until there's nothing left to fight" Without saying another work, Alice sprinted past Aurora to rescue a man being held down by a super-infected.

Aurora glanced around. The convoy was getting slaughtered; the already small group getting thinner and thinner by the second. Aurora crouched low, and cracked her neck. No more child's play.

"Hey, you ugly bastards!" Aurora whistled, catching the attention of the super-infected nearby. "Come and get it, huh!"

Ignoring the aching protest in her body, Aurora ran towards the horde charging at her. She slashed and hacked, lacking all the finesse she usually practiced as she chopped down through as many super-infected as she could, but it didn't make much difference. For every survivor she saved and infected she killed, two more people were slaughtered and it felt like the super-infected were multiplying.

The adrenaline was starting to wear off too; Aurora could feel the throb of pain start to flare up in her head again but she kept fighting regardless.

Jesus, you're useless. She scolded herself. Save this damn convoy, Aurora, don't let them down!

Aurora knocked into Claire as she rounded the corner of the military truck. The redhead's face was covered in blood.

"Are you okay?" Aurora was surprised to hear her own voice coated with sincere concern.

Claire nodded but a scream divided their attention before she could speak. The two women didn't spare each other another look before they parted ways.

~~~

Dr. Isaac smiled fondly at the screen in front of him. "She really is magnificent" He whispered to himself, his voice drowning in pride as he watched Alice fight through her eyes.

The rouge Umbrella scientist stood up straight and adjusted his vest. "When she's dead, make sure you move fast" He instructed, turning to the Umbrella guards, "I need a sample of her blood while it's still warm"