Resident Evil Extinction Chapter 2

"That's the third time within the last eight days that I've been shot because of you" Aurora said grudgingly as she and Alice walked out of the radio station.

"It could have been worse" Alice began, but a furious glare from Aurora stopped her.

"I was shot" Aurora barked angrily, "Please; what could have been worse?"

Alice threw her hands up in defense, "Whoa, okay you're right" She surrendered, refusing to start a fight with Aurora. "But hey, thanks for the rescue" She added, her lip twitching into a mischievous smirk.

Aurora glared deeply at the woman, throwing her car door open angrily. "Fuck you" She said, but her words held no bite to them. "And you know what? Fuck the next cry for help we hear next! I don't want to see another live person for a very, very long time" She added seriously, getting in her car and shutting Alice out.

Alice sighed as she wrapped her scarf around her face and lowered her goggles down her eyes. Aurora would get over this ordeal sooner or later, the woman always gave in.

"Whatever you say, Calaway"

~~~

Sometimes when Aurora was sitting in silence, on the open road with no destination ahead of her, she would find herself craving things from the old world.

She missed food, fast food like Taco Bell or McDonald's. She missed having house, a bed, and a shower. She missed her Cadillac and her small collection of motorcycles.

Sometimes Aurora even missed Umbrella. She missed working the long hours, coming home so tired she would collapse on the first piece of furniture she saw. She missed using her mind to solve near impossible equations, and how satisfied she felt when she completed her work.

And on those especially bad days, Aurora missed the cameras and speaking to the public. Flashing those stupid smiles and assuring the world their safety.

Aurora was going mad, in short. The driving around endlessly, helping survivors who showed no gratitude, dying a few times a month...

"Jesus Christ, Alice! It's one zombie, must you do this?" Aurora snapped, losing her patience with the woman in front of her.

Alice ignored Aurora's irritation as she screwed together their crossbow. After all these years Aurora had never learned any patience, leaving Aurora more short-tempered than ever. Alice just ignored those moods.

Aurora crossed her arms over chest, and leaned against the hood of her car. We're in the middle of fucking nowhere and I haven't seen an infected in miles, we're wasting daylight. She said grumpily to herself.

"You just like showing off" Aurora muttered, pulling out the cigarette she stole from Alice and lazily resting it between her lips.

Alice chuckled lightly as she glanced down the scope. The gas station looked abandoned except for one lone zombie wondering around the gas pumps. He was wearing a gas attendant's uniform; Alice figured he had been aimlessly wondering the gas station since he turned.

"Sorry about this, Stevie" Alice said, pushing the trigger.

The bold went whirring in the air with enough speed that it pierced the zombies skull and sent him flying against the van where he stayed pinned against it; dead.

Alice smirked proudly to herself, "Bullseye" She turned to gloat, but the smell of cigarette smoke stopped her short. "Is that my cigarette?" She glared at the burning stick between Aurora's lips.

Aurora chuckled, blowing the smoke in Alice's face, "It was your cigarette"

Alice rolled her eyes as she began taking apart of the crossbow. Aurora could be a serious pain in the ass sometimes.