Resident Evil Apocalypse Chapter 3

To get to the School, they needed to across the Arklay Overpass. It was the fastest, maybe the only, way to get across Raccoon City.

The area seemed to be deserted, fortunately, so the walk across the bridge was almost pleasant if Aurora didn't think about how she helped cause the outbreak, the thousands of dead people roaming the city, the Lickers, Umbrella, or how she singlehandedly ruined Alice's life because she thought Alice would be a good living companion.

I guess I picked wrong. Aurora thought sourly to herself, but quickly brushed aside the thought. Alice had been a good friend, an excellent mate actually, and no matter how selfish Aurora really was, she never wanted to see Alice hurt. Umbrella will pay for what they've done.

"Where did they take you, after they killed you?" Alice couldn't help to question. Had Aurora been close by? Did she know what happened to Matt?

Aurora broke out of her thoughts, turning to Aurora with a slight shiver, "Raccoon Gen, same as you" Just thinking about the hospital brought back a lifetime of painful memories. "Wesker made a nice little cocktail to keep me down, fried my blood from the inside" Aurora added coldly.

"Jesus" Alice responded tiredly, "He knew?"

"About everything, apparently" Aurora shook her head ruefully.

"Everything?" Alice repeated, a tiny smirk rising on her face.

Aurora scoffed with a grin of her own, "Every scandalous detail, I'm sure"

Jill looked between the two women and felt out of place with their banter. She tried to remember anything she heard about the women, but failed to think of anything except they lived in a mansion outside of the city with a man, one of their husbands or something.

It's painfully obvious that they aren't sisters. Maybe something more intimate? They seem awful familiar with each other. Maybe Jill was reading too far into it, but her gut was never wrong.

"I'd hate to break this love affair up" Jill said sarcastically, startling the other women, "But what if there's no way out of the city, and he's watching us on his cameras like this is a sick game?"

Aurora shrugged. To be honest they didn't know, but Aurora knew the Doctor and what lengths he would go to for this daughter. It's what started this mess in the first place. "It's not like we have much choice-"

"Wait" Alice paused, not even moving with Aurora stumbled into her back

"The sunrise ain't going to wait" Peyton tried to push past the women, but Alice blocked his way with her arm.

In the silence, somewhere in the distance but rapidly approaching, Aurora could hear loud thump like footsteps.

"I hear it too" Aurora assured, "It's under the overpass, in the distance" Aurora leaned over the bridges metal railing

"Where?" Jill strained her eyes to see what they were.

Alice pointed at the fiery car not too far away, under an intercepting overpass. "There"

"I don't see anything" Peyton argued, looking skeptic.

"Well that doesn't alter the fact that there is something down there" Alice argued, her thin brows pulling together in concertation.

"I'll check it out" Aurora volunteered, glancing over her shoulder, "I'll meet you at the school" She hopped over the railing.

Jill jumped forwards to try and grab her, but Alice pulled her back. "We need to go"