Resident Evil Chapter 3

"You know, I think we lost everybody else" Aurora spoke softly, trying not to startle Alice, "I could find you and I a secure way out, we could be out of here before we die"

Alice refused to give Aurora the satisfaction of a fueled response, and calmly stated, "We're not leaving without the others"

Aurora heavily sighed "It would make life so much easier if you would just stop being so damn selfless. We could get help, more than a team of amateurs"

Alice shook her head, "We're not going anywhere without them" She said firmly, leaving no room for argument.

For a moment, Aurora saw the real Alice; the stubborn team leader who left no man behind even if her life was on the line. It was actually comforting to know that Alice was still Alice somewhere inside.

"Fine," Aurora caved, "We'll save them all, but don't say I didn't offer you a way out when things go to shit"

Alice glanced up at the woman with a frown, "Were you always this selfish?"

"I do what I think is good for me" Aurora shrugged

Alice crossed her arms over her chest, and angrily huffed, "Why do you keep doing that?"

Aurora arched a brow, "Doing what?" The amused smirk never faltered.

"Insisting that you're selfish, but turn around and protect me anyways?" Alice demanded, finally saying what was bothering her so fiercely.

Aurora paused, not expected that from her. "We haven't been on good terms lately" She admitted, because you were betraying me, went unsaid, "But you're still my partner, whether you hate me or can't remember me I do it because we're partners"

Alice didn't have a response to that. But some of her memories made sense now. They weren't on good terms at all recently but they kept trudging through their relationship because they were closer then Aurora had ever let on.

Alice turned to the woman, to find Aurora ten steps behind her and staring deeply at a door.

"What are you doing?" Alice turned, "We need to keep going" She urged.

"I... my office is near" Aurora spoke unsurely, "I have stuff I need to get, it's important" Important meant a lot of things, but Aurora needed to clean out some incriminating files she should have gotten rid of years ago.

Alice frowned, finding is suspicious Aurora needed to go so suddenly, "Then we'll go to your office-"

"Find Spence and the others, I'll find you after" Aurora refused hurriedly

"Are you crazy? We're already missing everyone else, we need to stick together!" Alice insisted. She didn't want Aurora out of her sight. Splitting up was terrible idea.

"My office is far below us. I should still have a gun or two lying around that could help. In the meantime, you need to find everyone else. Keep going straight; you'll hit the area where they did Umbrella's paper work. There's a stairway that loops back around back to the Chamber, where the rest of them may have gone for cover" Aurora suggested, taking another few steps away from Alice.

Alice took a step forward, a confused frown on her face, "You can't be serious. You want us to split up?"

"The doors to the Red Queen's Chambers are the most secure in the Hive. It's the safest place right now, if you can make it there and I know you can. Please, Alice. Trust me on this"

Alice really didn't want to trust her on this. Every fiber in her body urged her not to let Aurora leave, but there was a voice in the back of her head telling her to follow the instructions and trust Aurora's word.