Resident Evil Extinction Chapter 1

The world had gone to complete and total shit.

Within just weeks, the virus had consumed the U.S.A and within months, the rest of the world quickly followed. But it wasn't just humanity that fell to the T-virus.

It consumed the water, forests became deserts. The world had quickly became one giant wasteland where you would either meet the infected or a group of crazies, sane survivors were few and far in between.

It was an absolute nightmare at first, adapting to the new world. Don't go into the big cities, stray away from large populations, always stay on the move because the infected were always behind you.

As time went on, five years had passed sluggishly, Aurora and Alice adapted nicely to the world they had a hand in creating.

They stuck to the roads, drove aimlessly. Alice tried to help anyone she could and while Aurora disagreed with everything Alice did, she always stayed by the Alice's side.

Especially on the occasion Alice was lead them into a trap, those were always fun to rub in Alice's face. With no entertainment left in the world, Aurora found amusement were she could.

"This is KLKB. We have several people here in need of urgent medical attention" The radio on Aurora's car started to pick up a distressed frequency, a woman it sounded like. "We need help! This is KLKB, can anyone hear us?"

Aurora had heard hundreds of distress signals, this one didn't sound different from the others but it like always, it didn't sit right with Aurora.

Aurora parked behind Alice's motorcycle in front of the radio station calling for help. Of course Alice wants to help. Aurora groaned to herself as she stepped out of her car. She always wants to play hero.

"I don't like this" Aurora looked at the seemingly abandoned building in front of them.

Alice tugged the scarf off her face, and rolled her eyes, "You always say that" She reminded.

"I can't hear anything inside" Aurora insisted, "I don't hear screaming or talking, or anything! Just... static"

Alice shrugged, "It's a radio station, maybe you're tuned on the wrong frequency" She teased lightly.

Aurora grabbed Alice's arm and pulled her back, "Alice, I mean it. There's something wrong with this place, I can feel it"

The intensity in Aurora's eyes was crystal clear and it made Alice pause. Aurora's feelings were never wrong and she seemed so serious about this place. Usually it was just an eye roll or a snarky comment, Aurora was always up for a fight unless she knew something more was going on.

So if Aurora felt uneasy about the situation, so did Alice.

"Fine"

Aurora slowly let Alice go.

"I'll check out the inside, if something's wrong I'll come right back" Alice promised, "You don't have to worry, I can handle myself"

Aurora threw up her hands in annoyance, "Fine!" She snapped, "But the last time you said you could handle it yourself, we were almost eaten by cannibals!"

Alice grinned impishly back and walked towards the station doors.

"Five minutes, cowboy" Aurora warned.

Alice rolled her eyes as she entered the building. While she appreciated Aurora's protectiveness, sometimes the woman needed to be less paranoid.

Aurora watched uneasily as Alice disappeared into the building. Something just felt fishy about the situation.