Resident Evil Apocalypse Chapter 2

The touching reunion had been short-lived. The doors weren't going to hold up any longer as more and more infected had been attracted by the noise Alice had made.

The last thing Aurora had wanted was go through the back door, straight into the graveyard. She had voiced her distaste of taking the shortcut but was ignored.

"So, how do you two know each other?" Jill broke the torturous silence, asking the first question that came to mind.

Aurora shrugged, "We both worked for Umbrella. She was posing as my sister in the mansion outside of the City"

Alice raised a disheveled eyebrow at Aurora's choice of words. Wasn't that blowing their cover, or did Aurora just not care anymore?

"Slitting my throat wasn't the only kindness they showed me" Aurora added sarcastically, seeing Alice's look of confusion.

"That's impossible" Terri stepped beside Alice, "How would you be alive if your throat was slit?"

Aurora smirked, "News flash, Sweetheart, Umbrella isn't the good guys"

"So Umbrella did have something to do with this" Peyton swore from behind the women.

Jill narrowed her eyes at the back of Aurora heads. It seemed suspicious that Umbrella's P.R was pointing her finger at the company.

"So, do you know what those things are?" Terri asked curiously.

Aurora didn't listen as Alice went into a detailed explanation about Umbrella and its hidden agenda with bioweapons. Aurora found herself fixated by Alice's attitude. The cold, almost ruthless approach didn't suit the woman.

"Take her blood, Doctor" Aurora remembered Wesker saying over her dying screams, "If you feel the need to compare her to your newest creations, I should warn you that nothing will come close"

"It's not for comparing" A annoyingly familiar voice assured, "They have the same blood type fortunately, it gave me a brilliant idea"

It hit Aurora like a semi. Somehow, someway, they had used my blood to test whatever they created on Alice. Aurora had to hand it to them, it was smart. If not just a little insulting that they did it without my consent.

Aurora's selfish thoughts were interrupted by a grunt. Peyton grabbed his leg and leaned against a tree for support. Before she could even ask what had happened to the intimidating officer, Alice had swiftly pulled out her gun and aimed at him.

Jill immediately whipped out hers and aimed it back at Alice, who quickly pulled out her other pistol and aimed it right back.

Aurora tilted her head at Alice curiously. It had seemed the tables had turned. She's ready to kill, and I'm ready to protect. Interesting change of events.

"What do you think you're doing?" Jill asked furiously over a deadly calm expression.

"He's wounded" Alice said plainly, "The infections spreading" She added petulantly.

"I'm fine" Peyton said in a huffed, trying to defuse the situation.

"We should take care of him now," Alice turned back to Jill, "It will be more difficult later. You know that"

Aurora stepped between the two women foolishly, "Put the guns down" She warned, asserting herself, "We aren't going to get anywhere if you two keep comparing dick sizes"

Neither woman lowered their guns, if anything it just made the situation tenser.

"You know I'm right, Aurora" Alice said emotionlessly.