|9|

connect with me!
follow me on ig:
abadwitch

4 months later...
*Nani*

I had been working like crazy, running around like a headless chicken for the past month or so. This couldn't be a worse time for me to get so swamped. My baby was here, I wanted to be around for her. Watching Camille grow meant the world to me. But of course I had to make money, somebody had to. I just couldn't help but feel like I was missing out on so much.
I've been in love with Camille ever since I laid eyes on her. Her beautiful almond skin, her green eyes & her dark hair. She looked so much like her mama, my Babymama.

My meeting ran so late this morning. I told Mac that I would be home by 1PM, but my meeting didn't end until 12:30. I also promised her I would get her some food & buy more diapers for the baby on my way home. I wasn't going to be home until at least 2PM. Lord knows whenever I go to Target to get the baby her things, I get lost in there. There's just so much shit in Target. I swear its a marketing scheme.
I'd been coming home late a lot lately, & it was pissing Mac all the way off. She was always being left by herself & she was always taking care of Camille by herself. After I got out of rehab, I promised her I wouldn't leave again. But shes always alone regardless. I feel like I might as well not be here. I'm always letting her down in some way or another. But really, I just wanted to do better & be better for my family.
Macabre wouldn't speak to me when I got home around 3PM. She literally just snatched the Target bags out of my hands & took them upstairs. Camille was in her playpen in front of the living room TV. She was looking in my direction with her big green eyes. I walked into the living room, kicking off my heels as I went. As I lifted her up out of her pen, I could hear Camille giggle. She was smiling at me but to be honest I think she just had gas. Either way I thoroughly enjoyed her smile & her laugh. Before I could have too much fun, Mac came storming back down the steps. She snatches Camille away from me before I can even blink my eyes.
"Um excuse me?" I remark.
"You're excused," She replied, laying a towel down on the dining room table.

I hated when she changed Camille's diaper on my tables but we have yet to buy her a changing table.
"Whats your problem?" I asked.

She didn't respond. She just glared at me before going back to Camille's diaper.
"You can't keep getting mad at me & not telling me what I did." I explained.
"You know what you did, bitch!" Mac hollered.
"Stop cussin' with the baby right there! Whats wrong with you?!"
"You're whats wrong with me! You always coming home late. As if I don't know what going on!"
"Oh don't start this, Max."
"I got to! Cause you don't respect me, Nani!"
"I do, though! I told you I would never cheat on you again & I meant that shit. I'm not fucking around, I'm working so you & my daughter can have everything."
"You made it hard to trust you," Mac stated.
"I know what I did. But I'm not doing that anymore. You gotta trust me if you gonna be with me. All this bickering is stupid," I explained.

She didn't reply. She finished with the baby's diaper & was about to head upstairs before I grabbed her by the arm and took Camille from her.
"Clean this up," I remarked.

Her eyes widened. I never ordered her around like that but she was being a bitch. If she wanted to be petty then fine. I would just play along. Eventually she'd give it up. I'm not going to kiss her ass while she treats me like shit for no reason. So fuck it, game on.
"I know you've lost your mind, so I'ma let you slide." Mac says, walking past me into the kitchen.
"I'm serious, Max. Clean the table up! You wanna act like an asshole? I can act like one too," I replied.
"As if you don't deserve it?"
"I don't! I've been nothing but good to you since I got out of rehab. And don't forget who I went to rehab for. I didn't have to go into recovery. I didn't have to let you stay here, I didn't have to take you out the strip club. I didn't have to do nothing that I did for you. But I did it anyway because I love you!" I say, on the verge of tears. "Yes I fucked up, I made mistakes but I learned from them & I did better. I did way better & you can't even acknowledge that shit."

I shake my head at her & continue upstairs to Camille's bedroom. It was about time for her to be fed & put down for her nap. She didn't need to be around all this stress & drama. It took a while but I finally got her to bed around 4:30. Finally being able to get out of my work clothes & get into a hot shower felt so good to me. I was on my feet for so long today on top of this stupid argument with Mac that never seemed to go away. I really just wanted the drama to stop, I wanted things to be good again like they were in the beginning.
Ever since I was 15, I was a player. I broke girls' hearts left & right. But that gets old, you get tired of the same bullshit over & over. Eventually you want something real & you crave that genuine connection. I wanted to love somebody & I wanted someone to love me. I was tired of wasting my time on girls who didn't matter.
But it seems like as soon as I try to do better it bites me in the ass. So why even try anymore?