Chapter 1

I woke with a start. The room was dark except from the dim light filtering in through the curtains. I sat up and pushed my fringe out of my eyes. 'What just happened?' I thought to myself. I tried to find my phone, but it wasn't on the bedside table in its normal place. 'The kitchen!' I remembered and groaned. It was a cold night but the duvet was keeping me warm. Still, I had to know the time. I rolled out of bed and opened the door. The door to Phil's room was open slightly. I walked past on my tiptoes trying not to wake him up. As I approached the kitchen, I broke into a slightly faster sneak. I looked back at his room. The last thing I remembered was the glass door to the kitchen.

I woke again on the settee, with Phil's duvet covering me. My head hurt and my vision was fuzzy. Phil entered the room and crouched beside me.
'Dan?' He asked.
'Phil' I managed a slight smile.
'Do you remember what happened?' Phil asked again.
'Um, I remember the kitchen door' I frowned.
'You must have walked into it again' Phil was trying his best not to laugh. He handed me a mug of hot chocolate. When I looked in it, I saw that Phil had drawn smiley faces on the marshmallows. I looked back at him.
'How long was I out for?' I asked.
'An hour, you woke up at six' Phil stood back up. 'I had to drag you from the kitchen in here and now my back hurts' He smiled. Phil left the room and I took a sip of my hot chocolate.

That evening, I was still under Phil's duvet on the settee. Phil walked in and looked at me.
'Do you want your duvet back?' I asked.
'Nope, I'm here to give you some paracetamol' Phil held his hand out to me. There were two small tablets in the palm. I took them out of his hand and swallowed them down with the last of my hot chocolate. I suddenly felt tired and my vision started fading again.
'I feel really weird, are you sure they're in date?' I was finding it hard to see anything. I heard Phil sigh.
'Dan, one of those was a sleeping tablet' Phil took my mug from me.
'What!' I yelled. I could see the outline of Phil walking towards me.

When I woke up the next morning, my first thoughts were that Phil had drugged me. I found myself staring at my ceiling. The curtains were drawn and I had my duvet covering me instead of Phil's. I got up and wandered out into the hallway. I was still dizzy from the sleeping tablets, but I managed to knock on Phil's door.
'Dan?' He called from inside. I opened the door to see Phil pulling his duvet over his bed. 'How are you feeling?' He asked.
'Dizzy and annoyed' I leant against his doorframe.
'Look, Dan, I had to give you that sleeping pill' Phil sighed and sat down on his bed. 'Sleep is the best thing when you've got a headache and I didn't want you having another one of your 3am internet browsing sessions' Phil looked at me and I stood back up straight.
'I wasn't going to! I was tired anyway. You could have at least told me you were giving me a sleeping pill!' I argued.
'You would have questioned it, Dan' Phil walked over and tried to reason with me.
'I know, but if you had explained it I would have agreed!' I turned and walked down the hall.
'Dan, wait!' I heard Phil cry, but I was halfway down the stairs. I went into the bathroom and sat down on the edge of the bath. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and ran a hand through my hair. That's when I heard the front door slam shut.

I looked for Phil in every room but he wasn't there. The flat felt so empty without him. I walked back into my room and set up the camera.
'Hello internet. It might interest you to know that the reason I have a bruise on my forehead is because I walked into the kitchen door again.' I started. I was trying to keep the video light and happy but my voice faltered halfway through. 'You may have noticed that my voice just faltered' I gave the camera a half smile 'And that's because there was an incident between Phil and I this morning' I blinked back tears. 'He walked out, and I didn't see where he went. The thing is, Phil is missing' and that's when the tears started falling.