Chapter 10

I think I must have passed out around then.

I woke up in my bed in the clothes I was wearing last night. I sat up so fast I made myself dizzy and looked around. The curtains were already open and the sun was bright.

'Phil!' I yelled. I heard shuffling near my door. 'Phillip!' I yelled again, but it was only met by shuffling. I got out of bed, still a bit dizzy and walked over to the door. Phil was stood behind it with a bunch of flowers, looking sad. I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the room. 'W-what the hell was that!' I asked, stammering.

'What the hell was what?' Phil asked.

'You running off!' I almost yelled at him. Phil sighed and sat down on my bed.

'I didn't want us to fight and I felt so bad about giving you those tablets and... and... and I just thought that escaping to PJ's house for a while would make everything better.' Phil hung his head in shame. I gave Phil a hug as he genuinely looked like he was about to cry and he handed me the flowers. 'I thought you'd like them' he gave me a sad smile. I buried my face in the bright bouquet and inhaled deeply, taking in the fresh scent of the flowers.

'I love them' I grinned. 'But next time, don't run off' I set the flowers aside and Phil brought his knees up to his chest. 'Were you the one leaving notes around?' I asked. Phil nodded.

'I came to put one on your mug yesterday evening but you caught me' He sighed. 'They were meant to spell "No more fights, Dan". Did you get that' He asked.

'I got up to No More Dan H and then an F, I think' I frowned, trying to recall the mess of post-it notes on the coffee table.

'It doesn't matter now, I'm sorry' Phil moved closer to me.

'Did you think I'd be mad?' I asked. Phil nodded. 'I was at the time but after a while I just wanted to know that you were safe, I thought you'd run away!' I felt myself tearing up.

'I was with PJ' Phil said quietly.

'I didn't know that, though' I put an arm around him. He sniffed and gave me a weak smile. 'I won't get annoyed at you, Phil, you're too sweet to be annoyed at' I stood up.

'Where are you going?' Phil asked.

'To get a bowl of rescue cereal, come with me' I held my hand out to him. We walked in silence to the kitchen but we didn't let go of each others' hands. My heart was racing and I knew that soon I'd have to tell Phil how I felt about him. I opened the kitchen door, making sure Phil wouldn't walk into it and then got out the first box of cereal which I came across. Phil handed me the milk but I was too nervous to speak, so I just smiled. My hands were shaking as I tried to pour out the milk and it ended up going over the counter. Phil put a hand on my shoulder.

'Dan, are you okay?' He asked. I gulped.

'Y-yeah, fine' I stammered, mopping up the spilt milk with a paper towel. Phil took the bowl of cereal in one hand and held my hand with the other. We walked back to my room. He put the cereal down on my cupboard, sat down and patted the space beside him to indicate that I should sit down too.

'What's up, why are you so shaky?' He put an arm around me, this time.

'Well, while you were gone, I had a lot of time to think.' I started. 'I thought about all the fun we'd had together. Remember when we went to Japan?' I asked him. Phil laughed and nodded. 'Anyway' I continued 'you're my best friend and I really like you and all but I feel like we could be more than friends, if you wanted to' I looked up at Phil. He looked excited.

'I've been thinking the exact same thing but I didn't want to say!' He gave me a gleaming smile.

'In that case, I think perhaps we should give dating a go, but perhaps keep it quiet from the fans at first' I said. 'I need to actually tell them you're home again' I picked up my phone. Phil took it out of my hand and put it on the other side of him.

'Later' Phil smiled. 'But I think you're right.'

'So, should we start off with little dates like going to parks and shopping centres?' I asked.

'That sounds good to me. What should we do first?' Phil took his arm away from me, sensing we'd be going somewhere.

'How about a coffee?' I asked.

'Dan, it's 7:15 in the morning on a Sunday, nowhere will be open yet!' Phil laughed.

'Who says we have to go to a coffee shop?' I smiled and stood up. 'Coming with me?' I held my hand out to him again.

'Boyfriends usually go together on dates' Phil laughed and stood up. "Boyfriends!" I thought to myself. "He called us boyfriends!" Phil took my hand in his and started dragging me towards the door. 'Who's paying?' He asked with a slight smirk.

'You' I teased, poking him gently in the side. Phil held the door open for me and we walked into the kitchen again.

'Can I pay in advance?' He asked, leaning up against the fridge. I turned around, the half-filled kettle in my hand.

'What do you mean?' I looked at him with a confused expression.

'Can I pay now?' He asked again, still with that cute little smirk of his.

'How?' I frowned, putting the kettle down. Phil didn't say anything, but walked up to me. I was really confused by now, and just when I was beginning to convince myself that he was actually going to give me his credit card or something silly like that, he put his arms around me and kissed me.