Chapter 15

I brought the cups of hot chocolate through to the living room, where Phil was sprawled over the settee.

'I am so tired' He groaned. I smiled and handed him a mug.

'So am I' I said as Phil shuffled over to make room for me. I snuggled into his shoulder and took a sip of hot chocolate. 'I've been thinking' I said while Phil was engrossed in watching the news on telly.

'Yes Dan?' He looked over at me.

'How about we take a little holiday for New Year's?' I suggested and Phil smiled.

'It's not even Christmas yet!' He laughed. 'But yeah, that's a good idea'. He kissed the top of my head.

'I'm thinking of somewhere hot' I tried to think of places which would be hot in the winter.

'Anywhere within 5 foot of you?' Phil smirked and I nudged him. 'What? Your hotness radiates' He laughed.

'Shh' I held a finger to his lips and laughed even more. 'How about somewhere like Australia?' I looked at Phil.

'Australia' Phil repeated. 'Yeah that sounds good' He smiled after some deliberation.

'And no, you can't bring a koala home' I kissed his shoulder gently.

'But Dan-' Phil started in a whiny voice.

'You can have a cuddly one, but no real ones' I laughed. We watched the weather report on telly and saw that for the next week, it was supposed to snow.

'Dan!' Phil stood up. I looked at him blankly. 'It's supposed to snow for the next week, but it's Christmas in a few days! We'll have a white Christmas!' He jumped up and down.

'Oh my god!' I smiled. Oh my god indeed, I haven't bought Phil any presents yet I thought to myself. It was starting to get late now, but I decided that tomorrow was when I'd shop for things for Phil. I finished up my cup of hot chocolate and put it down on the side. One thing I would have to plan for as soon as possible was plane tickets. I picked up my phone and searched for flights to Australia.

'What are you up to now, Dan?' Phil asked and sat down next to me.

'Booking flights' I smiled and showed Phil my phone screen. 'These leave on the 28th, which is a Friday.' I pointed to the first result.

'And then we'll be there for New Year's eve and New Year's day!' Phil clapped. 'How long is the holiday for?' He looked over my shoulder.

I tapped on the search result and scrolled down to the details. 'A week' I told Phil 'And the hotel included is a five star one' I pointed. I looked at Phil and he looked back at me. I tapped on the confirm order button and a few minutes later, we had booked our hotel ready for Australia. After we got the booking confirmation, Phil took my phone out of my hands and put it on the side. He leaned over and started kissing my neck.

'What kind of room did you book?' He asked in-between kisses.

'One with a double bed' My voice was barely a whisper and I ran my hands through Phil's hair. 'And an en-suite bathroom' I smiled. Phil stopped kissing my neck and put his face close to mine. He had the most beautiful blue eyes - how had I never noticed them before? They were such a lovely shade of blue with little flecks of different shades of blue in with them. I could feel his breath on my face and feel his heartbeat on my chest.

'Dan I... I-' He whispered before giving in and kissing me properly and deeply. His lips moved in perfect sync with mine and his hands cupped my face. I forgot about anything else and focused solely on Phil. After a few moments, he broke the kiss and smiled at me.

'What were you about to say?' I asked, expecting something romantic.

'I think we should have something to eat' He grinned and kissed the tip of my nose. I followed him out of the room and into the kitchen again. He took the two remaining slices of pizza and put them onto two plates and then into the microwave. 'What do you want to drink?' He asked, opening the cupboard full of drinks.

'I think I'll go for a cola again' I smiled and got a couple of glasses out of another cupboard. Phil opened the fridge and got out a carton of juice. The microwave beeped and I opened it, taking out the plates of pizza. 'Got everything?' I asked as Phil put the juice carton back in the fridge. He nodded and we walked into the living room. I sat close to Phil on the settee and we put a movie on. Phil looked so cute and I kept giving him little kisses every now and then. In return for that, he fed me some of his pizza and gave me a cuddle after we'd finished and were waiting for the movie to finish too.

'So Dan?' Phil asked as he turned the TV off. 'Your room tonight or mine?'