Chapter 13

(This chapter contains mentions of blood, but nothing overly graphic)

I looked at Phil as he slowly realised what had happened.

'Oh, Dan! I'm so sorry!' He rushed towards me and picked up the knife before I stood on it or something stupid. I looked down at the ever-expanding red pool of blood on my foot, which had narrowly missed a vein. Phil looked over at me as I was struggling to make sense of what happened. 'You need to lie down and get a plaster on it or something' He came closer to me with a clear expression of panic in his eyes.

'What will you do?' I asked, my voice shaky. He moved quickly and before I knew it, he had swooped me up into his arms and was carefully making his way into my bedroom. 'Since when were you so strong?' I laughed. Phil laughed too and put me down on the bed. He sat me upright and propped my foot up on some pillows and then ran quickly out of the room. 'Uh, Phil?' I yelled. I could hear him running around the flat with occasional loud crashes. He appeared in the doorway a few minutes later with comfy-looking leggings on, along with extra pillows and plasters in his hands.
'More pillows?' I asked.

'Your leg needs to be elevated' He lifted my leg up and put even more pillows under my foot.

'Phil, I'm not going to bleed out' I laughed and he grinned.

'You might do, I just don't want you to die' He cleaned up the wound on my foot with an antiseptic wipe.

'That stings so much, ouch' I said with a grimace.

'But it'll keep it from being infected or something' Phil delicately wiped up the blood and then put a plaster over the mark. 'That was a pretty big knife' He put the rubbish to the side and walked towards the door.

'What are you doing now?' I asked.

'The pizza might be getting cold' He smiled. I looked out of the window and listened to the sounds of Phil in the kitchen. He eventually came back into the room with two plates and set them down on the cupboard. 'Let me get the drinks' He disappeared again and bought in two glasses of cola.

'Where did you get that from?' I asked, looking up at him as he brought a glass and plate over to me.

'It was in the cupboard, I thought it might cheer you up in some way' He handed me the glass and I took a sip. The fizz made my nose tingle and I laughed. Phil then handed me the plate, which had a slice of pizza cut into the shape of a heart on it.

'Did you do this?' I looked up at him and with a sheepish smile, he nodded. 'That's really cool and sweet, thank you' I grinned. Phil picked up his pizza and took a bite.

'Are you not going to sit down?' I asked.

'I don't want to sit on the butt chair' Phil looked over at the piano.

'Don't be silly' I laughed.

'What do you mean?' Phil looked back at me with a confused expression.

'Come and sit with me' I patted the space next to me. Phil smiled and sat down, crossing his legs and taking another bite of his pizza.

'What do you think of it?' I asked. Phil nodded and rested his head on my shoulder. I took a bite out of my heart-pizza and looked over at Phil. He looked really cute with his comfy leggings on and scruffy hair. I wasn't used to seeing him in anything but skinny jeans, but I guess he was hoping for a cuddle and I imagine that cuddling in skinny jeans would be painful. I looked at my foot on its pile of many pillows and thought back to how well Phil had treated me earlier. How had he managed to carry me? I know he's older than me, but I thought I wouldn't be easy to pick up. Phil took his head back off my shoulder to take another bite of his pizza, and I did too. He leaned over and put his plate on the floor before turning back to me. I put mine aside too and looked at him and his beautiful blue eyes. I could tell he was looking at mine, and a smirk crept onto his lips.

'Are you thinking what I'm thinking?' He asked in a low tone. I froze for a second, expecting everything he was suggesting.

'W-What?' I stuttered.

'A lot of cuddles!' Phil's smirk turned to a cheesy grin and I laughed.

'Of course I'm up for that' I shuffled around so that I could lie down but Phil dived at my foot and took away the pillows.

'I reckon it'll have stopped bleeding now' He smiled and neatly put his pillows back in their right place. He put the pillows from his room on the floor and then crawled up the bed until he was next to me again. I laid on my side and waited for Phil to make himself comfortable.

'Your hair looks nice tonight' Phil said with a soft voice as I rested my head next to his and held onto his hand.

'Thank you' I grinned.

'You know what I think, Dan?' He asked. I looked up at him and he kissed my cheek gently.

'What's that?' I was still grinning.

'I think you're beautiful' His voice was barely a whisper, and his lips found their way to mine again.