Chapter 23

The next morning, Phil and I finished up the leftover pizza.

'Dan, I really want to go shopping today' Phil put his pizza box to one side and grinned at me.

'Then we'll go shopping' I laughed and went into the bathroom to change out of the clothes I accidentally slept in. There was something I needed to get for Phil, but he couldn't know about it. I brushed my hair and stared at my reflection in the mirror. By now, our fans and the media had found out that we were dating and apart from the annoying "we told you so!!!!" tweets, everyone was being so lovely about it. Living with one another for so long made it feel as though we'd been actually dating for much longer than a month or so. I came out of the bathroom to find that Phil had got dressed too. He was jumping up and down in front of the door.

'Dan! Let's go!' He grinned and I followed him out of the room. Man, Phil was so cute. We found a map of the local area in the apartments' reception area and the nearest shopping centre was only a ten minute walk away. 'C'mon Dan!' He laughed and ran outside. I actually ran to catch him up and slipped my hand into his.

'What are you even going to buy' I asked.

'Um, some shirts and perhaps a toy koala or something' He grinned.

'You and your koalas' I rolled my eyes but giggled.

'What?' Phil smiled. 'They remind me of you'

'Really, why?' I asked.

'Because they're really cute and cuddly' He looked over at me and I blushed. 'You're blushing' Phil laughed.

'Shh you' I squeezed his hand gently and waited for the blush to fade. Phil was the sweetest person I'd ever met. 'It's weird to think that you were still missing like a month ago'

'Yeah, I'm still sorry about that' Phil laughed. 'It seemed like a good idea at the time'

'I'm just glad to have you back, I was just lonely and confused by sticky notes' I laughed.

'When we get back I'll leave little notes for you or something' Phil grinned.

'Am I going to have to decipher them again?' I asked. Phil shook his head.

'No, that went so wrong' He laughed. We finally got to the shopping centre and we looked around. It had everything: clothes shops, food outlets, pharmacies and even the one shop I was hoping for. I followed Phil around as he picked out various different shirts and jackets and even a koala hat.

'Hey Dan, I'm going to pop to the bathroom quickly' He squeezed my hand and walked off. This was the perfect opportunity! I practically ran (again!) to the shop I needed and started browsing through all the different things. I needed one that Phil would like. One that he would want to keep forever. Finally, I found the perfect one hiding at the back of a tiny display case. It was so expensive, but Phil was completely worth it. I went up to the counter and asked to buy it. It was perfect and exactly what I was looking for. I managed to pay for it and run back over to where I was stood before just as Phil came back.

'Hi Phil!' I smiled.

'Hey, what have you been up to?' He asked, taking my hand in his again.

'N-nothing, just window shopping' I grinned. We spent the rest of the day looking through various souvenir shops and picking out gifts for our family and friends. Phil found some koala socks too. We got dinner in a fast-food outlet but it felt really healthy for some reason. We walked back to the hotel and Phil sorted through everything he'd bought. I still had his present in the pocket of my jeans.

'Where are you going?' Phil asked as I walked towards the bathroom.

'What do you think' I laughed and shut the door behind me. I opened the tiny little box and looked at the beautiful gift inside. It was almost as beautiful as Phil, in my opinion. The light reflected off of it in all different directions and I smiled to myself.

It was four days until New Year's Eve, and now I had the perfect ring to propose to Phil with.