Adopted orphan

Natasha walks up to me, and I notice she has her gear on under her suit.

"Why are there-" she holds a hand up, silencing me.

"Despite what the nurse thinks, you won't need to go into foster care. My boss agreed to letting us- my team- adopt you." She motions to a group of people, the same people that saved New York. The one in blue walks up to me.

"Sorry if I'm interrupting, but I want to give you my deepest apologies," he looks over at the two mounds of dirt." for not getting there soon enough."

"Oh, uh, t-thank you." I awkwardly stand there, not knowing what else to say.

One of the agents walk over and informs us that we need to depart if we want to make it to our flight.

Flight? Like, in a plane?

"Um.." I look up at the others, and Steve smiles at me.

"Don't worry, it's not like most flights, you'll be fine."

We walk to the car and I sit in the back, next to the blonde meathead, Thor. As we leave the parking lot, I stare out the window.

Who are these people, I mean, they just show up and adopt me? They don't even know my name! Do they? They have to, if they signed the adoption papers. Or I'm being kidnapped. Where are we going anyway? What... what's going to happen now? I don't have anyone I'm close to anymore. My family abandoned me.