Embers of the past

I gently tend to the flames as I chew on charred fish.

It's better then getting food poisoning.

I watch the embers float gracefully before they fade out into the darkened sky.

It should be getting light soon.

I look over at my basket of food. There's only a few berries left. I grab my things, kill the fire, and head out.

Oh, those look great!

I reach for a branch of raspberries, and suddenly the ground falls from beneath me.

When I open my eyes it's dark again.

"Shit."

I slowly get up and look around. There's heavy forest in front of me, and a mossy cave behind me. I light a small flame, and notice the rocks seem to glow.

Runes?

I look closer and realize I know some of them. The wisdom one starts to glow blue, then white, then fades, and disappears.

What the-

I look at all the other ones I know, and they do the same thing.

I sense someone behind me, but when I turn to look, no one is there. I hear someone in the bushes, and walk towards the shadow figure.

What do you want?!" I shout, and tense for a fight.

"To guide you to your true potential, Fenna."

"How do you know my name? Show yourself!"

The creature slowly steps into the light, covered in furs and white markings.

Those look like the ones I had!

"You are the descendent of Asena. I am a shaman of her people, and I have had visions of you. We have been preparing for your return, and if you will it, we shall aid you in you're battle against the serpent."

"Asena? Serpent?" What are-"

"Loki, the serpent King. He is half your blood, is he not?"