Ink

It's been a few weeks now since they put me in here. I've realized that my power is weaker when I'm calm, and the more emotional I get, the stronger I get. I've been meditating a lot to keep myself calm, and today Dr. Banner is checking my levels to see if I can come out.

"Ok, Fenna. I'm going to show you some pictures now, and I want you to tell me what they make you think of. Ready?" He asks as the monitor rhythmically beeps. I nod my head and he shows me a blob of ink.

"Dog."

"Okay, next one."

"Tree."

"Good."

"Bi-" this blob makes me freeze. It reminds me of a creature like a buffalo, but much larger, and it's horns are pointed forwards.

"Fenna?"

"It... It kinda looks like a buffalo." I only tell him that much, and he smiles.

"Good, good. You passed. Your vitals were stable the entire time. I'll give you a buffer day, incase anything triggered something, so by tomorrow you could be out of quarantine." He explains as he gathers his papers, and remove the various wires from my arms and forehead.

He pauses. "Hm. I didn't know you had a tattoo. White ink, right? It's very subtle. Interesting design though."

I assume he's trying to trick me, but I go along with it. "Thanks."

With that he leaves, but not before I ask to go to the restroom.

"Sure. I don't think you need to be escorted this time." I walk out of the room as he says that, and try my best not to sprint.

Tattoo? I don't have any tattoos; I could never get one, I hate needles!

I quickly close the door and look in the mirror. Nothing. No tattoos.

"Where was he even looking?" I mumble to myself, and feel the back of my neck.

Sure enough, there are thin, raised lines. I pull on my skin so I can maybe catch a glimpse. And I do.

The lines are perfectly straight, and only a few shades paler than my own skin. They are definitely there, but they weren't before.