The flight

I'm on a swing, and my parents are talking to some of their friends. I'm so high, higher then I've ever been. I love the feeling of wind rushing past me, almost like... almost like-

"Careful, honey! Don't go too high!" My mom shouts over to me.

"But mommy! I feel like I'm flying!" As I say that, her friends look over to me. Through my fits of giggles, I get an idea. What if I really can fly? That guy on the TV did, so why can't I?
I kick a few more times, and when the swing is at its highest, I let go.

"Fenna, Fenna we're here." Someone whispers while poking my shoulder.

"Huh? What- oh, ok, hang on." I grab my bags and jump out of the car. Shit I must've fallen asleep.

I walk with the others, who seem to have almost no luggage. Guess that makes sense, since I'm the only one who's never been here before. I readjust my bag, and everyone stops.
I look around.

"Where's the plane?" I say more to myself, but Steve answers with a short, quiet laugh.

"I said the same thing my first time." I look at him, slightly irritated. "We're standing on it."

Suddenly the ground shakes, and I look up, half expecting more aliens to show up. But no. Nothing does. I look around me, and notice we're at least a hundred feet in the air. Looking down, I step away from the edge.

They're right. This isn't like a normal flight.