Two halves

I turn on my side and look at my crystals.

Did that really just happen? I can't believe I didn't notice sooner.

I turn on my tablet, and search for "magic illusions". I mostly find videos of cheap tricks, and some sites about drug induced hallucination.

Nothing like what just happened, though. Maybe...

I type Loki's name in, and the first couple pages are just stories people have written about him.

Sighing, I decide to open up the app I use for painting, and start a new pattern. Mostly of greens and blues. I'm just about to finish when I hear a thud. Looking over, I see one of my crystals, the purple one, has fallen to the floor.

How could it have fallen? It wasn't even near the edge!

I call for Bruce, but he doesn't show up. Luckily, Steve was nearby, and opens the door.

"What do you need, Fenna?" He asks gingerly.

"One of my crystals fell. Can you hand me it please?" I respond as I point to my crystal.

He picks it up, and gently placed it in my hand.

"Anything else?"

"No, I'm good. Thank you." I say, and he pats my head before leaving the room.

I look closely at the crystal.

I'm standing in a doorway, trying to get a peek of what my mother is doing. She sees me, and smiles. Tells my that I'll get to see when I'm old enough. There's a soft thud, and we both look to a crystal. It's on the floor, broken in two. My mother smiles and hands me the smaller half. "Crystals have a mind of their own, Fenna."

I rub the surface with my thumb, knowing that my mother still has the other half with her. I never did get 'old enough' to see what she would do.