Whispers of a secret

I wake up, and hear footsteps. I keep my eyes closed, and don't move.

One, two, three, four, stop. One, two three four, stop.

To my right, a door opens, and the pacing stops.

"Mother, is she-" the man is quickly shushed, followed by gentle, soft footsteps towards me.

"Has she shown any signs of waking?" The woman asks, and after a pause, tells the guards to leave.

Keeping my eyes closed, I do my best not to think of what's going on. I feel a sudden prick just above my collarbone, and something liquid pools, then is whipped off.

"Mother, what-"

"Quiet! The spell you cast does not mix well with her blood."

Spell?

"Ah, so she is awake. It's ok, child. We won't harm you." The female says, and the man quickly walks over.

I open my eyes and sit up. Slightly dizzy, I look around the nearly empty room. There's only a bed-which, I'm in- a desk and chair next to a window, and the two people.

The woman seems older, maybe in her early forties. She has long, curly blonde hair. And the-

"You. You're-" I stutter.

"Yes, I'm Loki." He smirks.

"They'll find you, ya' know. They always know where I am." I glare at him.

He just laughs.

"I'm serious! Give them half an hour, tops, they'll be here, and when they get here, they'll-" he holds up my ring. It's missing a gem.

"I don't believe they'll be able to find anyone if they can't be tracked." He chuckles as he tosses the ring to me. I catch it, and put it on my hand.

Crap.