Prepare

"That's the thing. We don't know." Tony says as he walks in and hands me a cup of chocolate and water. I instantly melt it and Banner tries to write down some notes, but when we lock eyes, he stops.

"Banner, I understand as a scientist you like to take notes and experiment, but please refrain from doing so with me. I have already informed you of the few limitations of my powers."

"S-sorry, Fenna. It's just so... fascinating. you truly believe that you could melt this whole ship?"

"Within a few minutes, this ship would be molten metal if I willed it to be." I say as I finish my drink. "Of course if there was some sort of thermal defense, then it would hinder my attack. Cold water is the best counter attack, for obvious reasons." Banner nods as a voice comes over the speakers and informs us that the target, Loki, has been located and that we are in route. They all move to their rooms and prepare for the battle that is to come. I look solemnly into my empty mug.

"Fenna, don't you need to prepare?" Tony asks.

"I've been preparing my body for months, almost a year. But I don't think I'll ever be mentally ready." I get up and put my armor on. Anti- freeze arm cuffs and a quiver of tungsten rods. Banner told me it has a melting point of
6192 degrees Fahrenheit.

"So you can really pack some heat. Haha get it?" He nervously laughs.

"Yes, very funny, banner. That's sure to strike up some laughs from the others."

We all walk out to the main lobby and awkwardly shuffle our feet until we get the signal.

I stare out and look at the night sky. Only I truly the severity of this duel.

Author's note

Hey guys! Sorry this one is so short but I'm losing my interest in writing this fanfic. I think I'll finish it in the next chapter. I'm glad you've all liked it though!