Kindled flame

I'm swimming in cool water, and a gentle breeze caresses my face. Instinctually, I start moving my legs.

Wait, this isn't water. I'm in... sheets? I'm on a bed?

I open my eyes and recognize where I am.

Why am I in Asgard? Oh no, Loki!

I jump out of bed and frantically look for my things. They must be in another room. I boot for the door when two guards open it.

"Your presence is requested in the main room." They say and start to lead me down the vast hall.

Ok, ok, I'm ok. I just need to find my stuff and get out, right? I can do that.

I try and memorize the hall and what leads where. Jane had told me before that there was a secret room where they keep important artifacts.

She said it was past the door with a snake etched in to the sides. Is that it? Oh, I should've paid more attention to her!

Suddenly the hall ends and I'm in an enormous room. There's a table covered in all kinds of food, and my stomach growls angrily in response. I start towards the food, then stop.

There's a good chance half of that is poisoned. I'd better not.

I grab a small knife off the table before I hear footsteps approach me.

"Hello, sister." I hear Loki and aim the knife for his throat. He grabs my wrist as a crimson bead forms.

So he is mortal.

"So quick for violence, you have not given me the chance to explain why I brought you here- instead of letting you die." His calmness is sickening. "But if you truly wish to challenge me, I must oblige."

As he says that I watch in horror as his hand turns blue, and my wrist begins to burn, making me drop the knife.

I pull my arm away and look at it. The strange white lines are back.

"Are you really that weak? No wonder our father didn't want you." He smirks, and I slap him as hard as I can. He dodges, and I randomly swing at him hoping to land one punch. "You can't even fight like a human! How pitiful." With that my arms ignite and my fist finally makes contact with his chest, sending him flying. When he finally looks up, he's shocked.

"He didn't want you either." I growl, and feel the flames slowly shrink into my body as I leave for my belongings.

They don't hurt. If anything, they feel good.