Chapter 14

I know you guys hate me soooo much. I'm so sorry haha

--

My mouth.

 My big, stupid mouth.

After I realized those words had actually left my mouth I quickly said, “Oh my goodness, what did I just say?” Ben’s expression was covered with shock. He did not even look at me now.

I buried my face in the pillow. “What have I done? What Have I done? What have I done?” I repeatedly mumbled into the pillow. I couldn’t even look at Ben now either. With my head down, I felt movement in my room and felt my bed shift. Ben was sitting next to me now, I knew.

I felt his hand gently caress my back and I shivered. I felt him lean in and kiss the side of my head and whisper into my ear,

“I think it’s finally safe for me to say…I like you too.”

My heart melted beyond its melting point now and I didn’t even know what to do or how to react to what Ben had just confessed to me. I slowly lifted my head up and looked at him.

“Are you joking?” I asked.

Ben looked surprised by question, “Does it really look like I’m joking, Lizzy?”

I didn’t say anything and looked straight ahead and stared at the wall. I heard Ben sigh next to me. Probably out of confusion and frustration. I then felt his hand gently cup my chin and turn my head to face him and the next thing I remember is him planting the sweetest, most gentle kiss on my lips.

When we finally parted, his face was inches away from mine; he was staring at me straight in the eye and asked “Do you still think I’m joking?”

I giggled nervously and shook my head. I was feeling all giddy after he kissed me. He smiled and pulled me closer to him. Ben wrapped his arms around me.

“Oh lizzy…” Ben said and chuckled.

“What’s so funny?” I asked.

“Cameron is going to kill us.”

--

It was already Monday morning. This past weekend a lot happened, not only between Ben and I but also Taylor and Cameron.  Ben and I told everyone that we were in a relationship now. Everyone took it well, my mom was excited, but Cameron had to take some time to adjust to it. I also had to get used to the fact that Taylor and Cameron were a thing too. I had no idea he liked her all this time, could you blame me? He spent most of his time kissing Erin.

The only thing I dreaded about today was how things would be at school. People will stare and talk about Ben and I. Ben has a good reputation and dating me might change that. What if he doesn’t even wanna claim me?

I shook those thoughts from my head and put my backpack on. Ben would probably meet me at my locker or something so I should start walking now.