Chapter 11

-jaden pictured above-

---

"Are you nervous?"

"Nope."

"Really?"

"Nope."

Two weeks later I was sitting on a train with Ben. We were on our way to see Jaden. I didn't want to go alone, and I have been sensing hostility between Cameron and the 'brother' topic. Ben offered to go with me and I accepted. I was extremely nervous and excited at the same time, and I rarely get excited for anything.

"It'll be fine. I promise." Ben tried to reassure me.'

"What if he didn't even know he has a sister?"

"Lizzy, just relax." Ben touch my hand and I flinched. "Why do you always do that?"

"Do what?" I asked nervously.

"When I touch you, you always jump like that. Why?" He asked sounding slightly hurt. His touch is so soft and gentle. It always feels like a shock of electricity is released through out my entire body when I feel his touch. I have no idea why though.

"Uh....uh..I just...it has nothing to do with you. I have quick reflexes." I lied. He didn't say anything so I felt bad. "No really I do. " I sighed and took out my cellphone, i had a text messege from Luis. "Leave me alone."I said out loud. He was honestly starting to annoy me.

"Who?" Ben asked.

"Luis. I met him in detention the other day. He gave me a ride home, and now he thinks i 'want him'. " I made air quotes with my index and middle fingers.

Ben laughed. "Guys like him are not worth your time."

"He's quite the annoyance. He texts me. I don't text back. He keeps texting me." Ben laughed, and I hit him playfully. "It's not funny." I looked up and saw the woman sitting across from me smiling at us.

"You two are such a beautiful couple." She said. Ben and I looked at eachother awkwardly.

"We're not a couple." We both said at the exact same time.

She laughed. "Well you sure fooled me." What was that suppose to mean? I was definitely feeling a little uncomfortable after she said that.

"That just made things awkward.." Ben said.

"Agreed."

--

After we got off the train we took a bus to Jaden's neighborhood. The neighborhood was located in the downtown area, which I was not very familiar with. The bus was full so Ben and I had to stand. I nearly fell several times when the bus turned a corner.

Each time Ben caught me and laughed at me. I rolled my eyes. Holding on to the hand thing was not even helping. I was very grateful once the bus reached our stop.

"I really stand out here." Ben said while glancing awkwardly around. Okay so the neighborhood was a predominantly black area.

"You'll be fine." I looked down at the directions I wrote down on a piece of paper. Jaden's house was just a couple blocks away from the bus stop. The house had three floors and a long staircase leading up to the front door.

"Well this is it." Ben said smiling at me. I just stared blankly at the house. "Lizzy, what are you looking at?"

I shook my head. "I don't want to do this anymore. Let's just go back home." I turned around and began walking.