Chapter 21

-pic above is the little cutie mckenna-

Lizzy's POV

I groaned as I heard my phone's alarm go off. I rubbed my eyes and grabbed my phone off my nightstand. It was 5:45 in the morning on Saturday. I was exhausted. Did I mention it was 5:45 in the morning? I am not a morning person at all. I was taking my driving test today to get my drivers license, finally. I shut off my alarm and trudged over to the bathroom in the hallway. My eyes were still half closed so I accidently walked into the doorframe with a loud thud.

"Crap." I mumbled. Cameron was in the bathroom with his towel wrapped around his waist and was brushing his teeth. He was indeed a morning person. He would wake up an hour early to have breakfast and make himself look presentable. Me, on the other hand, I would rather get an extra hour of sleep than eat breakfast or care about how I looked.

I knew he just showered because his hair was wet and in all crazy directions on his head. He spit toothpaste out of his mouth and into the sink and said to me ,"Goodmorning."

"Yeah a good morning for you." I mumbled, still half asleep.

"Shower fast. We need to leave by 6:15. The DMV opens at 7 and it takes like 30 minutes to get there. We don't want to have to wait for a long time. We have to get back here to help mom set up for Mckenna's party." He explained while shutting off the faucet and placing his toothbrush in its proper holder.

I was leaned against the doorframe and just said. "Mhm." I waited for him to exit the bathroom so I could shower quickly.

It was 6:17 and Cameron and I were walking out the door. I was making my way to the passenger side of his BMW on the driveway.

"Um where are you going?" Cameron asked me while dangling his keys toward me. "You're driving, Lizzy."

"Cameron, noo" I whined. I really just wanted to take a nap. "I don't want to drive."

Cameron stared me in confusion. "Who doesn't drive to their driving test?"

"Me."

Cameron just shook his head and shoved his keys at me. "No, you are driving." He got into the passenger seat.

I sighed in annoyance. "If I fall asleep at the wheel and we die. That's on you." I said. I got into the driver's seat and started driving. I already knew how to drive pretty well. Cameron taught me how to drive a while back so I am pretty comfortable with it.

I got onto the expressway and was thankful there were barely any cars since it was still early on a Saturday. We made it to the DMV in perfect timing and did all the necessary paperwork. Cameron and I chatted a little in the car while waiting for the person who was supposed to give me the driving test.

An old woman with angry eyes emerged from the building and my heart sunk.

"Wow she looks intense." I said nervously.

"Yeah, she looks like she could fail somebody before they even move the car." Cameron said.

"Not helping." I said while rolling my eyes.

Cameron patted my shoulder. "You'll be fine. You know how to drive." He hopped out of the car. "Good Luck."

The old lady got into the passenger seat and I decided I should probably butter her up a bit.

I smiled big. "Goodmorning, how-"

She cut me off sounding disinterested in what I was saying. "Drive." She said flatly. I silently prayed that these 20 minutes would go by fast.