Chapter 19

I was done making dinner and mom still wasn't home yet. I left Luke sitting in the kitchen while I went upstairs to find my brother, Cameron. I reached the door of his bedroom and heard loud sounds of Eminem blasting from his room. He was seriously obsessed with Eminem. I pounded on the door loudly before opening it.Cameron was sitting at his desk working on his laptop and turned to look at me when I walked in.

"Hey, what's up." He said as he drew his attention back to his laptop screen.

"Luke's downstairs." I said as I plopped onto his bed.

"Really?"

"Yeah." I scrolled through my phone to my voice recordings. "Can you turn your music down , I want you to listen to something, Cameron." He did as I asked and I played the recording. The sound of Luke's voice on my phone played. I watched Cameron's facial features intently. He was staring hard at my phone and listening closely.

When the recording finished, Cameron stood up quickly, "I am going to kill that man." He walked briskly out of the room and started down the stairs. I ran after him.

"Cameron,no! Stop! You can't kill him!" I tried to grab his arm but he obviously was stronger than I. "Woah calm your tits, just wait a minute!" I yelled and he stopped half way down the stairs.

"Why, Lizzy?!" He exclaimed. At that moment I heard my mom's voice downstairs in the kitchen. I pondered for a second, "Actually..." I shrugged. "Get his ass."

Cameron didn't hesitate as he confidently walked down stairs. I followed closely behind Cameron as he stormed into the kitchen. Luke and my mom were engrossed in conversation. She was wearing a business suit and was playing with her shoulder length dirty blonde hair.

"So you really are a racist jerk aren't you?" Cameron said. My mom had a confused look on her face and Luke had a smirk on his face.

"Cameron, what on earth are you talking about? What has gotten into you?" My mom said as her eyes got wide.

Cameron got in Luke's face at this point. He hovered over him as he was still sitting at the kitchen table with a glass of water in front of him. "I am not going to let you sit here and disrespect my sister anymore. And I sure as Hell am not letting you marry my mother." Cameron said loudly.

"I don't know what your sister told you, but it's probably not true."

"Are you calling her a Liar?!" Cameron yelled. The last time I saw him this angry was when dad was caught cheating on mom. Exposing Luke like this wasn't exactly my plan, but it felt great to see Cameron standing up for me.

"What is going on here?! Lizzy and Cameron explain to me what you're talking about right now." My mom stepped in between Cameron and Luke.

My brother grabbed my phone out of my hand and played the recording "...I can convince her to disown you too" After the recording finished playing Luke had a stunned expression on his face and my mom had her hand over her mouth and her eyes were wide with shock.

"I...I..listen to me, Katherine, it's not what it seems." Luke said to my mother. "Recording me without my consent is also a felony."

"Then sue me!"I said as I waved my arms in the air. "Oh, but wait I don't think you will still be a lawyer after this gets to your law firm." I grinned at him.

"Looks like you lost your Job, and your Fiancé" Cameron said and pointed towards the door. "Please see yourself out."

Luke stood up and tried to talk to my mom. "Katherine..Katherine." He reached to touch her.