Chapter 26

Mr. West became frantic and ran to the bathroom and knocked on the door. "Honey, are you in there?" When we heard nothing, he opened the bathroom door and peered inside. "Where is she? I'm getting the nurse." Just seeing him in this moment I knew how much he deeply cared about Lizzy. I watched him take long strides across the room to the door, when suddenly the door opened and Lizzy and the nurse, Jenny, came in.

Lizzy had an annoyed expression on her face. "Dad, relax. I'm right here. I could hear you shouting my name from the hallway."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Mr. West ran his fingers through his messy hair and let out a nervous laugh.

"We just went for a little walk to get her blood moving." Jenny said while patting Lizzy on the shoulder, but Lizzy quickly flinched and moved her shoulder away as if Jenny was contaminated.

"We just went for a little walk." Lizzy mimicked Jenny's high pitched voice as she made her way back to her hospital bed. Good to know Lizzy's personality has recovered already.

Mr. West helped Lizzy back into bed and Jenny left. For about 30 minutes Mr. West and I just sat quietly watching the news on the television mounted on the wall. Lizzy, on the other hand, was dozing off occasionally due to the meds they gave her. A few minutes later Mrs. West, Cameron, Taylor, and Mckenna all paraded into the room.

I saw Cameron look at his dad and I suddenly held my breath because I had no idea what would happen next.

Lizzy's POV

These meds had me all the way messed up. I was struggling to stay awake, but I tried to fight it because I didn't want to leave Ben awkwardly alone in the room with my dad while I slept. However, I quickly became alert when my mom, brother, sister, and Taylor came into the room. Mckenna was carrying a balloon that said "Get well soon" and Cameron was holding a bouquet of flowers. As soon as Cameron's eyes landed on my dad I was fully awake and waited for an exchange of words.

"Oh, hey, dad. I didn't know you were here." Cameron said casually. I even saw a little smile.

"Hey, Cam." My dad said smiling. I was entirely confused because I must have missed something, but I didn't even want to know because I was loving this moment. They were acting normal. Normal like before the cheating.

"Lizzy we got this for you!" Mckenna said excitedly while waving the balloon around.

Cameron chuckled. "These, too." He said while placing the flowers on the table beside my bed. "Feeling better?"

"I am." I smiled. "Thanks you guys." Mckenna and Cameron both hugged me.

"We totally missed you at school today." Taylor said while sitting on the edge of my bed. "I have to update you on the latest gossip!"

There was a stack of folded up papers in Taylors hand. "What's that?" I asked curious and accidently ignored everything she said.

Cameron spoke up. "When I was grabbing your homework from your Chemistry class after 10th period, Mr. Johnson said he heard you were in the hospital so he got everyone in the class to make you a card."

I rolled my eyes. "You can just throw them in the garbage." I was almost certain I would find cards with dumb stuff written on it.

My mom gave me a look and so then i said, "Okay fine, recycle them, geez." I shrugged.

"I think it's kind of sweet, honey. Read them atleast." My mom said. "You want to look at some now?"

I shook my head. "No, maybe later."

"Alright." My mom stroked my head. "Need me to get you anything?"

"No, thanks, mom. I'm fine for right now."