Prom

Twilight Sparkle's POV

It's prom night! It is amazing in here! The theme is Royal Court so it is like a castle ballroom. It is beautiful. I was coordinating everything so I didn't have time to dance. I was watching and making everything was perfect.

I had to leave though. I was counting the ballots. And I had to leave in the middle of Prom to count them.

Rarity's POV

Right now I'm on the dance floor dancing with my date. I'm also looking at all the dreadful dresses around. What is fashion these days? Goodness!

“Uh, Rarity?” my date said trying to get my attention.

“Yes?”

“Well, not that you're hot, but I see some girls that are hotter than you,” he said.

“Oh, alright,” I said. “Go and ruin my dreams. But when I'm crowned Prom Queen you'll be sorry.”

“Okay...?” he said and left.

Men these days! This is an outrage! When I'm crowned Prom Queen I'll be slow dancing alone. It will be torture! It will be humiliating! I'm going to die! Oh when that happens it will be dreadful!

Pinkie Pie's POV

Right now I'm hanging out with Cosette, Jade, Vivienne, and Scarlet. We don't have any dates so we are all hanging out. We were all talking and having fun.

Then someone said, “Uh, Vivienne?”

We all looked and saw a guy standing there. “Yes?” she asked.

“Will you dance with me?”

“Of course I will, Jack!” Vivienne answered grabbing his hand.

“Aww! How sweet!” I exclaimed. Then someone asked Scarlet, and then someone asked Jade. All that was left was me and Cosette. “Do you think anyone will ask you?” I asked her.

Cosette shrugged. “No one ever does,” she said.

“Aw, maybe this time,” I told her.

Cosette smiled. “You're right maybe this time I will get asked,” she said.

Then I felt someone tap my shoulder. “Yes?” I asked spinning around.

There was a guy there with black hair and glasses. “Will you dance with me?” he asked.

“Um,” I said. I turned to Cosette, she smiled and nodded her head. I turned back to the guy. “Sure,” I answered. He then took my hand and we started to dance. I felt bad for leaving Cosette, I hope someone asked her.

Rainbow Dash's POV

I arrived at the stupid dance. I was about am hour late, but whatever. I wanted to ask Sky to dance, but he didn't come! I was so mad. Did he even go to school? I have no clue! Oh whatever! I went over to the punch bowl and scooped a drink. I took a sip and gulped it all down.

I heard someone say, “Uh, Rainy?”

“Yeah?” I asked turning around. I saw Applejack, or AJ, standing there.

“Do you wanna dance with me?” she asked.

I was shocked. “I thought you said it was weird for girls to do that,” I said.

“I changed my mind,” she told me. “So, do you?”

I knew my answer. “Uh, DUH! I've been waiting for this to happen!” I told her.

She then smiled and took my hand. We started to dance on the dance floor. I couldn't believe she was dancing with me!

Applejack's POV

Right now I'm dancin' with Rainbow Dash, or Rainy Dashly. I asked her not because I felt pity, but because I probably feel the same way she does. I know it sounds weird, but it's true.

All of a sudden a slow song came on. “Uh, you don't have to dance with me if you don't want to,” Rainbow told me.

“No,” I said grabbing her hands. “I want to.”

We then danced to the slow song. It was perfect.

Fluttershy's POV

“Attention! Will our Prom Court please make their way to the stage!” the principal said into a microphone. I got in the crowd of huddled people and watched as the Prom Court walked on the stage. When everyone had walked on stage the principal went up to the microphone. “Okay,” he said. “Our Prom King and Queen are...” he paused to open the envelope. He made a weird face. He then announced, “Jeremy Jacobson and Fleur Shy.”

Everyone looked around. I didn't to go up there. Who's idea was this? It wasn't funny. I then had the nerve to walk up there. I went up and accepted my crown. “Where is Jeremy?” the principal asked me.

I shrugged. “I don't know,” I said.

“Well, then I guess we'll have to do the runner up,” the principal announced. “Peter Larker.” Peter walked on stage and got his crown. “Now the King and Queen will have their dance.”

Peter took my hand and guided me to the center of the dance floor. We started to dance together, but I quickly pulled away from him. I looked at him and said, “I'm sorry.” Then I ran out of the room.