Chapter 4 ~ Clockwork

I woke up at 5:12 to Mommy shaking me and telling me to get ready for the pageant today. I didn't know I was performing today.

I got up and threw on a t-shirt, shorts, and a pair of sneakers. It was dark and cold.

Mommy got my dress, which was sparkly and white and gold

Mommy got my dress, which was sparkly and white and gold. I liked it. I got my shoes and those fancy socks.

I grinned as Mommy put me in the car. Mama handed me a movie to watch on the way. It was "Princess Mary and Charlie The Penguin", my favorite movie.
---------------------------------

I opened my eyes to see that it was 8:32. I unbuckled my car seat and got out. We were at the fanciest hotel in the state. I love it.

----------------------

It's 10:29 and almost time for me to go on the stage for beauty. Beauty, aside from talent, is the most nerve-wracking part of the pageant.

The little girl in front of me, the announcer called her name. "Now for Miss Kylie Demeens!"

Mommy smoothed my dress and smiled. After beauty was the Mommy and Me part. So mama would be wearing a pretty dress and going on stage with me.

"Now please welcome Brooklynn Riverwood!" After the man said my name, the crowd started yelling at me

"Now please welcome Brooklynn Riverwood!" After the man said my name, the crowd started yelling at me. I walked on stage and did the little routine that mommy put together.

I think I did well.
----------------------
Slenderman is going to pay for this. He's making me and Toby take Sally to a beauty pageant. And of course, it has to be a mommy and me pageant, which means I have to go on stage with Sally.

We have to go in human form so the people don't start freaking out. I think having a clock where your eye is supposed to be and a stitched smile would be slightly terrifying.

I got to pick out Sally's dress for her and Toby picked out mine. I didn't get to see it before the competition. I really hope that Toby has a good fashion sense.

"Now please welcome Brooklynn Riverwood! The man doing the announcing yelled. Toby pulled out a video camera. "S-Slender told me to tape her performance." I nodded.