Chapter 11 ~ Judge Angels

"Brook, I have to go home. I'll see you soon, though! Bye bye, Brookie!" Sally called, running towards the forest, with Pinkamena running after her, waving. I flailed my hands in the air, signaling goodbye. 

"Brooklynn Claire Riverwood! Who were you talking to?!" Mommy shouted. She was walking towards me, giraffe shoes in hand. It's was a bit darker now, most likely later in the afternoon close to the night. As a result, she looked like a dead person walking towards me. It was terrifying but calming at the same time. Mainly because I know that mommy isn't really dead, right?

"Nobody mommy!" I yelled, running over to her. 

"Really Brooklynn? That didn't sound like nobody!" She insisted.

I shook my head frantically. 

Mommy grabbed my hair and pulled me so I could look her in the eyes. I guess I didn't realize she was that close to me. 

"Brooklynn," She almost sang. "I know you're lying. Tell me the truth! Now!" 

Her green eyes were wide with anger. I wriggled out of her grasp and ran into the forest. It was so dark, I couldn't even see the light blue of my dress. Adjusting my headband, I walked forward. Mommy always warned me to never go into the forest because I could get lost. But, let me tell you something. I've gone out here before. Mommy wasn't watching me. I heard a twig snap next to me. Turning my head to my left, I heard it on the right. Repeating that again, I heard it in front of me. Yelling out to whatever's there would be a bad idea. I could die! 

Walking forward, I carefully stepped over the roots of fallen trees. 

"Brooklynn," A voice whispered. "Brooklynn." 

I bit my lip. Should I? No. I'm not going to do it. It would be bad, right? 

I was walking and saw a flash of white and a glint of silver zoom past my face. I stepped back, shocked. What was that? It happened about two other times. Now, I'm terrified. 

 I ran. I ran and I ran. I went towards the way I wandered in from. Something wrapped around my neck, holding me back from running. 

"Hey there, little girl. How ya doin'? Oh, it won't matter in a few minutes." A voice laughed. It wasn't the same voice from before. This voice was more girly than the last one. 

I felt something cold move against my neck. It felt sharp and metal. The voice hummed to itself, or herself, I guess. She grabbed my hair and pulled up. She leaned down to my ear and started whispering. 

"I am the Judge. And I find you guilty. Time for your sentence." She grinned. 

She pressed the blade against my throat and small beads of blood trickled out. I started crying. This can't be the end. Not now. Please. 

"Please don't! I want to live! Please!" I screamed. She gently pressed her hand against my mouth, then pressed with more pressure. Through my muffled screams, she forcefully pressed on the blade harder, cutting my throat even more. I started to feel dizzy. 

Black. That's all I see.